Boss: I’d rather employ a paedo than a veteran

Started by jimmy olsen, March 17, 2010, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2010, 11:13:40 AM
I like people who aren't afraid to pull the trigger.
It's a hit or miss, IMO.  In some environments it's a good trait to have.  In typical office environments, however, people like that tend to alienate their co-workers and their next of kin.

dps

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2010, 11:13:40 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2010, 11:05:08 AM
So, would the guy employ Siegy?
:lol:

I'd employ Seigey

I think the question with regards to the employer in the OP was whether he'd hire someone who was both a serviceman and a pedophile.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 17, 2010, 09:02:50 AM
The writing on that article is so jingoistic that it has gone to colonize Rhodesia again.
Since when did 'hero' become a synonym for 'serviceman'?

It hasn't unless of course you work for Fox News.
:p

Syt

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 17, 2010, 12:23:04 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 17, 2010, 09:02:50 AM
The writing on that article is so jingoistic that it has gone to colonize Rhodesia again.
Since when did 'hero' become a synonym for 'serviceman'?

It hasn't unless of course you work for Fox News.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lucidor

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2010, 08:54:22 AM
FOR THE RECORD:  I 'unofficially' give *preference* to veterans.  They are far more likely to be good employees in my experience.  Also, for the record, I do not hire convicted sex offenders. :)

It's a no Winn situation.

Jaron

I don't get the hero tag either.

Yeah, being a soldier is a tough job, its a tough life, its very dangerous, and it takes balls (or ovaries) to do it, but slapping the hero label on every single person in a particular occupation devalues the word and worse than that, it gives them nothing to aspire to.

Imagine if Romans called every single person in the legions a hero.

Christianity is to Rome what soldier worship is to the US (and seems to be spreading!!!)

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

It was amazing, the small differences between the US and Canada.  The reverence for the military was rather unusual.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 04:43:33 PM
It was amazing, the small differences between the US and Canada.  The reverence for the military was rather unusual.
Yes, it was.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2010, 04:45:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 04:43:33 PM
Yes, it was.
You're just mad because you had people spitting in your face and calling you a babykiller after the war of 1812.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

I heard if we posted in this thread, we could colonize Rhodesia?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 17, 2010, 05:22:56 PM
I heard if we posted in this thread, we could colonize Rhodesia?
Yup, go to it.  You need to supply your own transportation though.

Ed Anger

He can raise cats there and on a cool fall morning, you can hear the herd mew.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

That notion is as adorable as it is unpractical. They would be mostly orange-and-white, and herded with a long balsa stick with a ball of yarn at the end.

I'd have attack cats to protect the herd from mischevious kaffirs.

The missus has been comissioned to draw this, now.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'