And we're back!

Main Menu

The End of Christian America

Started by Eochaid, April 08, 2009, 05:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 02:45:55 PM
I wish there were more hot chicks at Princesca's family church. :(

They need to bring a dentist in there STAT.

Middle class church goers for the win!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2009, 02:48:23 PMMiddle class

Not this bunch. :(

Princesca has: dramatically improved her lot in life. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2009, 02:20:40 PM
The numbers I've seen still show that the number of self-identified evangelicals continues to increase.

Evangelical christianity is a bit like Amway.  Eventually they will run out of friends and relatives to whom they can pitch their product.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2009, 02:48:23 PMMiddle class

Not this bunch. :(

Princesca has: dramatically improved her lot in life. :cool:

I thank my parents every year for moving the hell away from Kentucky.

Caliga

What amuses me is that I now have alot of Facebook "friends" who are native to this area, and tons of them put stuff like this in the "Religion:" field:

"OMG JAYSYS IS MAH GAHDING LAHT"

Strangely, it seems these are also always the people who engage in lots of immoral behavior like drug use, out of wedlock children, DUIs, and so on. :huh:

I can't think of any 'secular' friends I have who have similarly shady morals.

vinraith

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 02:53:50 PM
What amuses me is that I now have alot of Facebook "friends" who are native to this area, and tons of them put stuff like this in the "Religion:" field:

Strangely, it seems these are also always the people who engage in lots of immoral behavior like drug use, out of wedlock children, DUIs, and so on. :huh:

Three words: Guilt based culture.

Ed Anger

This chick that gave me the best blowjob ever was so religious, Jesus himself would start edging away from her.

But damn, she was a freak in the sack. But on Sunday, she was in the front pew.

Neil

Quote from: Habsburg on April 08, 2009, 02:47:47 PM
When will currency read "In PT Anderson and Sofia Coppola We Trust"  :frog: :w00t:
Maybe when Sofia Coppola starts making good films again, rather than relying on the strength of her first one.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

I've always attributed that to the source of behaviour. The atheist can base his behavior of his morality because doesn't need to square his deeds with an external source of morality but only his conscience, while the believer needs to square his personal view of right and wrong with his external source of morality.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

I try to avoid getting excessively anecdotal on Languish, but this is something I just noticed the other day and thought it was relevant. :cool:

Iormlund

Quote from: Queequeg on April 08, 2009, 02:34:23 PM
Spain ! = The World.  If the Left had won the Civil War, in all probability after the collapse of a Communist Spanish government you'd have seen the rebirth of Catholicism; instead, the Church went into bed with Franco and still suffers from that.  Combined with the European tendency towards Secularization and you have a powerful social force.

But this is a unique case.  Hinduism is reviving under the BJP, Islam with Fundamentalism and the AKP, Christianity in China and with Evangelical movments encroaching on the terf of an ineffectual Catholic Church...

If anything the argument could be made that Secularism seems to be loosing ground outside of the United States, with the growth of Islam in Europe, and religious moments across Asia. 

Nice try.

If the commies had won the war you could have seen something similar to what happened in Russia. Membership of the Church may have grown spectacularly after the commies lost power, but actual practice levels would not be higher than now.
Today's youth doesn't give a shit about Franco and they still don't flock to the seminars. They are more interested in oversize alloy rims and Jennies (the Spanish equivalent of white trash chicks).

About the rest, what Berkut said.

Caliga

"OMG today's youth don't care about anything  :mad: " is just about the oldest accusation there is.  I believe I read it in Suetonius ;)

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 03:04:59 PM
I try to avoid getting excessively anecdotal on Languish, but this is something I just noticed the other day and thought it was relevant. :cool:
:huh: :lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son