Neil

Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:37:23 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2009, 09:35:12 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:33:58 AM
Nobody here is talking about Passover?

Disapointing.
Why would we be?

It is tonight.

And I can't drink coors lite for a WEEK!!!!
Yeah, but we don't have any observant Jews here.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2009, 09:43:42 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:41:37 AM

Are saying that there is blood in the matzah?

Anti-semite!!!!!

:hug: you are so wonderfully predictable... if we ever meet I'm gonna have to teach you how to drink beer.

That's because you missed the part where I started screaming "anti-semite" like Donald Sutherland in the final scene of "Invasion of the body snatchers"....

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2009, 09:43:42 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:41:37 AM

Are saying that there is blood in the matzah?

Anti-semite!!!!!

:hug: you are so wonderfully predictable... if we ever meet I'm gonna have to teach you how to drink beer.

That's because you missed the part where I started screaming "anti-semite" like Donald Sutherland in the final scene of "Invasion of the body snatchers"....

no, because you got the blood libel reference rather than the use of bloody as a mere profanity.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 09:34:40 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:33:58 AM
Nobody here is talking about Passover?

Disapointing.

Malthus and I mentioned it.  It seems his kid thinks the ten plagues were pretty cool.

Correction: he thinks the toys based on the ten plagues were cool. I'm pretty sure he has no idea what they stand for though, Biblical study being a trifle beyond the average three-year old.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

If US politicians ever stop ending their speeches with God blessing everyone that might be the time to talk about Christianity suffering some kind of setback. 

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2009, 08:13:51 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 08:11:31 AM
My birthday is on Easter this year - I think for the first time.

I think this means I am like Jesus or something.

eh.... I sort of assumed you already knew that Easter=Jesus tortured to death....

that's good friday.
Easter = zombie jesus

Barrister

I was born on Good Friday - the day Jesus died.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 08, 2009, 10:02:16 AM
If US politicians ever stop ending their speeches with God blessing everyone that might be the time to talk about Christianity suffering some kind of setback. 

Like most God stuff in American politics that came out of the Cold War as a reaction to the militant atheism of the Soviet Union.  We put God in everything just to show we were not evil Commie bastards.

But we didn't do most of that stuff pre-Cold War.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

I don't have much investment in this, since Canada has already surpassed Christianity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2009, 10:09:38 AM

I was born on Good Friday - the day Jesus died.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean.   :huh:

I think it means you are 13,832 years old in dog years.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2009, 10:14:33 AM
I don't have much investment in this, since Canada has already surpassed Christianity.

does this mean canada is more popular than the beatles?

vinraith

Incidentally, Christian America is hardly "ending," it's just becoming more polarized (like everything else). On the one end, you have New England's atheist population growing. On the other, you have the Texas schoolboard dismantling science education in the state so as to avoid offending the YEC crowd.

Valmy

Quote from: vinraith on April 08, 2009, 10:23:30 AMOn the other, you have the Texas schoolboard dismantling science education in the state so as to avoid offending the YEC crowd.

There are zillions of school boards in Texas.  The only one that dismantles science education is probably in a rural district that never really taught it to begin with.

There is no State school board.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."