News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Thanks! I'm very pleased with that figure.  :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

I find my lack of social life rewarding. Saturday night painting means actual progress on my new batch of longbowmen. Still a ways to go though.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2012, 09:48:40 AM
I finished 12 Yorkist longbowmen and I've started on 12 more. Not based the painted ones yet, I will probably base the entire army when it is done.

Pics or it never happened!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

CountDeMoney

Damn, Brain... you do pretty good work, man.

The Brain

Thank you all.

The astute observer will notice that there's a difference between the 40k mini (which I spent a lot of time and care on) and the rank and file longbowmen. On those I apply strict KISS, try to minimize the number of steps and accept greater mistakes.

The Brain

A Warwick! A Warwick! Whatever the hell that means.

I'm pretty damn pleased with these. Made some minor adjustments (mostly in painting sequence) and they painted up real quick and nice.

Every guy will have arrows stuck in the ground when based. The guy on the left demonstrates.

"Why doesn't anyone have a drawn bow?" Because that's the way the minis are designed.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Some men-at-arms done. Not enough sunlight for a good pic but there you go.

Unlike the previous guys (multi-part plastic) these are metal minis. Hence the odd bent weapon etc.

The Brain

Already started assembly on some Edward IV longbowmen. This shit is crazy yo.

Edit: I meant billmen. Billmen.

Sophie Scholl

Enjoying the updates.  Definitely cool to see the WotR minis go from an idea into actual finalized form. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Billmen. Now two battles of the army have their basic bill and bow components (minus basing obviously). Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I really like the work on the weapons.  :)

But what's the deal with the one dude in the shamrock jersey? :unsure: