News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steak help! Calling all Americans

Started by Martinus, March 10, 2010, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The correct answer is whole grain mustard, even the more sound Belgians would agree.

Note that taking culinary advice for anyone born and raised east of the Elbe is just asking for trouble.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 10, 2010, 03:12:42 PM
Note that taking culinary advice for anyone born and raised east of the Elbe is just asking for trouble.
:mad: Would it hurt you to think of collateral damage before taking a shot at Marty?  :(

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

The correct answer is whole grain mustard, even the more sound Belgians would agree.

I agree. Cuisine of Russians, Jews, Japanese, Indians, Arabs, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese etc. is all crap. ;)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2010, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: ulmont on March 10, 2010, 02:59:37 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2010, 02:58:27 PM
I have become Euroed. I like mayo with fries as well.

Me too.  Of course, this was forced on me by a tomato allergy, but what the hell.

Marty is right though - for some reason, mayo goes better with steak fries than regular fries.
When I went to Syria back in the 90s they put may oon everything, fries, burgers, EVERYTHING. 

I don't get the attraction.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

A yoghrt smoothie with a smoothies.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2010, 03:14:26 PM
:mad: Would it hurt you to think of collateral damage before taking a shot at Marty?  :(

Well that triple stacker thing did kinda make his point.  Anyway, logically the best food in the world likely belongs to the fattest people in the world.  Which is why I don't trust skinny chefs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2010, 03:38:51 PM
Well that triple stacker thing did kinda make his point.  Anyway, logically the best food in the world likely belongs to the fattest people in the world.  Which is why I don't trust skinny chefs.
:yes:

R.I.P. yoo-STAIN will-SAWW
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2010, 03:38:51 PMAnyway, logically the best food in the world likely belongs to the fattest people in the world. 

Poor Americans and Brits?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2010, 03:03:38 PM
Marty is right though - for some reason, mayo goes better with steak fries than regular fries.

:x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Well that triple stacker thing did kinda make his point.
Sorry for not pairing it with some fancy red wine.  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2010, 04:34:08 PM
Well that triple stacker thing did kinda make his point.
Sorry for not pairing it with some fancy red wine.  :rolleyes:

Try a Ohio Merlot with it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 10, 2010, 12:55:40 PM
If you are putting sauce on your steak, it's because it's crap steak. A good steak needs no extras other than maybe some fresh ground pepper.
Seriously, it all depends on personal taste.  I personally can't eat any meat without some sauce (and no, I'm not talking about ketchup!).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.