News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steak help! Calling all Americans

Started by Martinus, March 10, 2010, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 10, 2010, 02:19:30 PM
I had Five Guys yesterday, lunch (bacon cheeseburger) and dinner (bacon cheesedog).
:bewaremarti:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: PRC on March 10, 2010, 02:00:37 PM
Make a sandwich at home and bring that in for lunch, also add a granola bar and a piece of fruit, an apple or possibly a banana.

I'll sometimes make a peanut butter sandwich to take to work because I can keep it in my locker.  But just about any other type of sandwich needs to be refrigerated, and people will steal your lunch out of the break room fridge.

DGuller

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 10, 2010, 02:19:30 PM
Again, good steak? nothing on it.
Thank you, people like is what temporarily restores my faith in humanity.

DisturbedPervert

Making a sandwich takes like 2 minutes

DisturbedPervert

Syt

I haven't eaten any dead animal today. :o

Chocolate croissant for breakfast, tomato-mozarella salad for lunch, with mango mascarpone as desert, and tonight I had a Quatro Formaggi pizza from the place around the corner.

So, at least I haven't eaten healthy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

It's a shame that in English, there is no sexual connotation in "had someone".  The Five Guys reference just screams for a comeback.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2010, 01:39:19 PM
I'm doing well, but Triple Stacker is the cheapest lunch option for me, by considerable margin.

:mmm:

If all else fails I have Schnitzel/fries or Cordon bleu/fries or Berner Sausage/fries for lunch. Or the Chink buffet (6.90, but the selection is not too great).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Quote from: viper37 on March 10, 2010, 12:42:49 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2010, 12:30:15 PM
I went with demi glaze. :|

I took New York Strip steak (not sure if this is a proper name or just how they call it in the menu), rare. Baked potato with cheddar. Onion rings. And the sauce.

No wonder you Americans are fat. :P
onion rings with steak? Onion rings??   :huh:

Onion rings with poutine is ok.
Onion rings with fries is ok.
Onion rings with pizza is ok.
But onion rings with steak?  You just wasted a perfectly good meal.

I suppose you took some ale with you steak too?
barbarians.

The one fo the best steak houses in Portland is jsut as famous for their onion rings as they are for their steaks.

http://www.ringsidesteakhouse.com/

Martinus

I must say that having eaten quite a lot of different dishes, I still consider mussels, with a side of thick fries with mayo, and a cup of nice dark Belgian beer the pinnacle of culinary endeavors.  :blush:

Berkut

I have become Euroed. I like mayo with fries as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2010, 02:58:27 PM

Me too.  Of course, this was forced on me by a tomato allergy, but what the hell.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on March 10, 2010, 02:59:37 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2010, 02:58:27 PM

Me too.  Of course, this was forced on me by a tomato allergy, but what the hell.

Marty is right though - for some reason, mayo goes better with steak fries than regular fries.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned