News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question for Grumbler: Is Eric Massa Gay?

Started by Razgovory, March 10, 2010, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2010, 08:05:54 PM
Sometimes I deliberately not say either "yes" or "no", even when I could just go ahead and do so without lying or implicating myself.  I'm doing it exactly to thwart such reasoning, to be able to give a non-answer without actually giving away my answer.  I've been doing that ever since I was little.
Seems like a necessary survival skill to have in the Soviet Union. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on March 10, 2010, 05:35:05 PM
Cue chorus:

In the Navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the Navy
Come on people and make a stand
Our verses were a bit different than the broadcast version
In the Navy
You can be an engineer
In the Navy
You can take it in the rear
In the Navy
'cause all engineers are queer
In the Navy
In the Navy
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2010, 08:05:54 PM
Sometimes I deliberately not say either "yes" or "no", even when I could just go ahead and do so without lying or implicating myself.  I'm doing it exactly to thwart such reasoning, to be able to give a non-answer without actually giving away my answer.  I've been doing that ever since I was little.

Also, sometimes you can answer the question without actually using the word "yes" or "no." So by "ask my wife" he could have meant "No. I'm married, duh  :rolleyes:." OTOH, "ask the 10,000 sailors I served with in the Navy" does sound a bit fruity, so perhaps his answer was an evasion.

Edit- as apparently he is a politician, I think the weasel interpretation is better.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?