News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mormons and Science Fiction

Started by jimmy olsen, March 08, 2010, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

When we are down to discussing the relative contents of pockets, I think it is fair to say the thread is done.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 03:48:34 PM
When we are down to discussing the relative contents of pockets, I think it is fair to say the thread is done.  :lol:

What if we were up to discussing the contents of relative pockets?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I have nothing in my pocket.  This is because I'm not wearing any pants.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2010, 03:51:58 PM
I have nothing in my pocket.  This is because I'm not wearing any pants.

I see London, I see France...:o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2010, 03:09:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 03:05:20 PM
No one really cared.
Malthus and Jake are not no one.  :cool:

I didn't care either, so that leaves Malthus.

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2010, 03:00:43 PMWell, I have read his letters and a biography of him, so perhaps I am more aware of the flaws in his character than are those who merely read his works.

And we have, god help us, read most of your posts here on languish :hug:

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 03:50:04 PM

What if we were up to discussing the contents of relative pockets?

Well, lets see ...

- wallet
-keys
-lip balm
-change pouch
-swiss army knife
-half pack of Halls

... I carry too much stuff in my pockets.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 03:58:41 PM
Well, lets see ...

- wallet
-keys
-lip balm
-change pouch
-swiss army knife
-half pack of Halls

Get a purse already, ffs.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 03:55:08 PM
I didn't care either, so that leaves Malthus.
oh.  :Embarrass:  I fell for a troll.  My bad.

Edit:  Not gonna fall for the follow-up troll, though.  See, I'm learning! :genius:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 03:58:41 PM
Well, lets see ...

- wallet
-keys
-lip balm
-change pouch
-swiss army knife
-half pack of Halls

Get a purse already, ffs.

Shit, I already carry too much stuff. If my wife is anything to go by, carrying a purse would make that ten times worse.  :lol:

Maximus

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 03:56:03 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2010, 03:00:43 PMWell, I have read his letters and a biography of him, so perhaps I am more aware of the flaws in his character than are those who merely read his works.

And we have, god help us, read most of your posts here on languish :hug:
You have? I'm sorry.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 04:47:34 PM
Shit, I already carry too much stuff. If my wife is anything to go by, carrying a purse would make that ten times worse.  :lol:

My backpack that converts into a messenger bag is lovely. :wub:

garbon

The Minsky Moment

Discussing the contents of pockets is rather redolent of Tolkien though.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jaron

This isn't grumblers day :lol:

Still, when you build your house of glass and chuck stones from the balcony you have to expect a few back sometime.
Winner of THE grumbler point.