Vatican Returns to Its Proud Renaissance Traditions

Started by Martinus, March 05, 2010, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteVatican Hit By Gay Sex Scandal

The Vatican has been thrown into chaos by reports that one of the Pope's ceremonial ushers, as well as a member of the elite Vatican choir, were involved in a homosexual prostitution ring.

The allegations came to light after Italian newspapers published transcripts of phone calls recorded by police, who had been conducting an unrelated corruption investigation.

The tapes appear to record Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness, negotiating with Thomas Chinedu Ehiem, a 29-year-old Nigerian Vatican chorister, about men he wanted brought to him for sexual purposes. Balducci was allegedly paying 2,000 euros ($2,714) for each man he met, according to the Irish Times.

Balducci is recorded describing precise physical details of the men he wanted. The transcripts record that during five months in 2008, Ehiem procured for Balducci at least 10 contacts with, among others, "two black Cuban lads," a former male model from Naples, and a rugby player from Rome.

A report by the Italian Carabinieri on the case said: "In order to organize casual encounters of a sexual nature, he availed himself of the intercession of two individuals who, it is maintained, may form part of an organized network, especially active in [Rome], of exploiters or at least facilitators of male prostitution."

The police probe into corruption resulted in Balducci and 4 others being arrested. Allegations of prostitution were only revealed later, and have resulted in Ehiem's dismissal from the Vatican choir.

Balducci held a high position within the Vatican and was one of the priests who carried the coffin of Pope John Paul at his 2005 funeral. He has now lost his position as a Gentleman of the Holiness. His trial for corruption is still pending.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/05/vatican-hit-by-gay-sex-sc_n_486218.html

Damn, I should have taken the cloth, it seems. :pope:

Syt

I thought this would be about the number of cases of child abuse uncovered in the German Cathophilic church?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

2,000 a pop? Could get a fucking stroller for that money.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

sbr

Quote from: Syt on March 05, 2010, 11:34:12 AM
I thought this would be about the number of cases of child abuse uncovered in the German Cathophilic church?

Maybe we should start tagging the threads that are NOT gay related.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on March 05, 2010, 11:50:21 AM

OMGWTFBBQ
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: sbr on March 05, 2010, 11:50:21 AM

Sports threads.  :yuk:

DGuller

Here's one thing I don't get: if you're a priest and you set your mind on screwing, why not do the real thing?  Why stick only the boys or the men?  You've already decided to break the vow of celibacy, you might as well get the best bang for your buck.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 05, 2010, 11:54:15 AM
Here's one thing I don't get: if you're a priest and you set your mind on screwing, why not do the real thing?  Why stick only the boys or the men?  You've already decided to break the vow of celibacy, you might as well get the best bang for your buck.

Why would homosexuals prefer women?

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on March 05, 2010, 11:54:59 AM

LOL exactly.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 05, 2010, 11:56:34 AM

LOL exactly.
Are you saying that all priests are homosexual?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on March 05, 2010, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 05, 2010, 11:56:34 AM

LOL exactly.
Are you saying that all priests are homosexual?

I think that gay people (and other non-heterosexual people, including asexual people and also deviants, like pedophiles) are most likely over-represented among priests. This is because celibate priesthood (especially of a non-sexually-permissive religion) tends to select for people who already have problems with their sexuality and seek priesthood as a way to redeem/"cure" themselves.

Berkut

Did Marty just say that gay people "have problems with their sexuality"?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on March 05, 2010, 12:09:24 PM
Did Marty just say that gay people "have problems with their sexuality"?

I also never thought he'd say that gays are *over*-represented anywhere.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on March 05, 2010, 12:07:10 PM
I think that gay people (and other non-heterosexual people, including asexual people and also deviants, like pedophiles) are most likely over-represented among priests. This is because celibate priesthood (especially of a non-sexually-permissive religion) tends to select for people who already have problems with their sexuality and seek priesthood as a way to redeem/"cure" themselves.

The more obvious explaination is that joining a supposedly celebate priesthood is a great answer to the "why are you not married?" question for guys sexually uninterested in (adult) women. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius