Vatican Returns to Its Proud Renaissance Traditions

Started by Martinus, March 05, 2010, 11:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on March 05, 2010, 12:09:24 PM
Did Marty just say that gay people "have problems with their sexuality"?

Are you saying that religious Christian people do not have problems with accepting their homosexuality? Why would Catholics be different?

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on March 05, 2010, 12:12:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 05, 2010, 12:07:10 PM
I think that gay people (and other non-heterosexual people, including asexual people and also deviants, like pedophiles) are most likely over-represented among priests. This is because celibate priesthood (especially of a non-sexually-permissive religion) tends to select for people who already have problems with their sexuality and seek priesthood as a way to redeem/"cure" themselves.

The more obvious explaination is that joining a supposedly celebate priesthood is a great answer to the "why are you not married?" question for guys sexually uninterested in (adult) women.

That too. But being myself a gay guy who considered becoming a priest for a while in his life, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot gay Catholic guys go along with that idea.

DGuller

That wasn't the trap I was going for, that's much better.  :w00t:

garbon

No, but we do have plenty of Ted Haggards. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.