News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stuck at the airport

Started by Hansmeister, March 04, 2010, 11:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansmeister

I'm on my way to Nashville and there is a poweroutage at the airport. Now I will probably miss my connecting flight. Feel like I'm in a third world country.

Drakken

Isn't Tennessee a third-world country in itself, anyway?  :P

Jaron

Hope and Change!

..unless your state voted Republican.  :wacko:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on March 04, 2010, 12:55:52 PM
Hope and Change!

..unless your state voted Republican.  :wacko:

:hmm: I thought CA and NY voted Democrat and they are both going down the crapper.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 04, 2010, 11:09:09 AM
I'm on my way to Nashville and there is a poweroutage at the airport. Now I will probably miss my connecting flight. Feel like I'm in a third world country.

My ride home from Saint Lucia was a nightmare. Took an entire extra day to get home. I feel your pain.
PDH!

HisMajestyBOB

Time to add Nashville to my list of airports I will never transit through. That list also includes Chicago, LA, and any New York airport if the transfer time window is small.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

I'm going to be going through Chicago tomorrow.  What's so bad about Chicago?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Connecting flights? Tragic. :bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 06:28:59 PM
I'm going to be going through Chicago tomorrow.  What's so bad about Chicago?

It's notorious for delayed and canceled flights, especially in the winter. Since it's one of the busiest airports in the US, delays for one flight can snowball, causing delays for others.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 06:34:53 PM
Connecting flights? Tragic. :bleeding:
Indeed.  It certainly irritated me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

If you've never been to O'Hare before, prepare yourself for a real boertrek to your connecting flight.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 07:47:07 PM
Indeed.  It certainly irritated me.

When I had to take one from Madrid to Berlin, I wanted to vomit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2010, 07:49:53 PM
If you've never been to O'Hare before, prepare yourself for a real boertrek to your connecting flight.

What Ensign Yi said.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2010, 08:02:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2010, 07:49:53 PM

What Ensign Yi said.
Hartsfield is even worse in my experience.  Plus, they got rid of the Flight of the Navigator robot voice for the subway trams, which I found HIGHLY AMUSING.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points