News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout: New Vegas

Started by Barrister, September 01, 2011, 09:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Finally got the ultimate addition. switched to hard-core mode. I dont find hard core exceeding difficult for lack of better words. I think it is the way the game should be played. If anything, it makes you manage what you carry better. It also makes you think about any followers you have with you.

Finished the Honest Hearts add-on. Pretty good, I like the general scenery at atmosphere of it. The Indians aren't lazy.  :lol:

Thompson's and .45's Oh My :yes:

Tough I still like the compensated 10mm SMG for close in work.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I was thinking of reinstalling that and playing it with FOOK.  FOOk is supposed to fix quite a bit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Finally got around to finishing NV. Did all the add-ons then finished the main quest. Main quest boss.....stealthboy and two shot from a anti-mat rifle=done. Thought it would be harder. Was Level 47 during the final quest at the dam.

Honest Hearts: Liked real well, nice story and setting.
Old World Blues: Goofy. Didnt like it.
Dead Money: Annoying. Nice storyline though.
Lonesome Road: Favorite

Most used weapons:
Varmint Rifle w/ silencer/night scope and Gobi Sniper Rifle: Took a lot of shit out with these two.
Compensated 10mm SMG
YCS/186
Hunting Shotgun

Honorable mentions: Holorifle and Anti-Mat Rifle.

A lot of good locations. Vault 22 is a favorite. My daughter laughed her ass off at my tactic for this one.

Also finished FO3. Again the end game was not difficult.
Op Anchorage: Two easy. Right up my style of play
The Pitt: Favorite
Broken Steel: Interesting
Point Lookout: Good, but odd
Mothership Zeta: Jury still out on this one.

Most used weapons:
Combat Shotgun
Chink AR
10mm SMG (Sydney's)

No locations in FO3 really stick out in my mind

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

New fan film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=np531fzqWAY

Pretty well made (though the super mutant looks lame). Actually makes me think that a Fallout TV series could be a good thing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Winkelried

I got FO: NV from Steam and I'm getting lost in the mods-jungle before I even started the game. Does the Steam version support mod installation like Civ V or do I have to download and install them separately? I know those are newbie questions, but I haven't really modded any Steam game other than Civ V. A little help would be appreciated.

grumbler

Quote from: Winkelried on July 20, 2013, 03:55:10 AM
I got FO: NV from Steam and I'm getting lost in the mods-jungle before I even started the game. Does the Steam version support mod installation like Civ V or do I have to download and install them separately? I know those are newbie questions, but I haven't really modded any Steam game other than Civ V. A little help would be appreciated.
I'd use the FONV Nexus and Nexus Mod Manager.  You'll have access to more mods and better ones, IMO.

I'd play through at least once with no mods at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Winkelried

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2013, 07:02:18 PM
Quote from: Winkelried on July 20, 2013, 03:55:10 AM
I'd use the FONV Nexus and Nexus Mod Manager.  You'll have access to more mods and better ones, IMO.

I'd play through at least once with no mods at all.

Thanks. The FOMM and ModManager are very useful tools. As an unexperienced mod-user it took me some time to figure out how to use them, but it seems I haven't messed up anything, yet.  :blush:

Octavian

Playing a lot of this lately. This is my third attempt to like it and this time it sticks. Playing a cowboy character. I have installed a shitload of mods:

1874 Sharps Rifle - SharpsRifle   
Better Smoke and Ballistics - Better Smoke and Ballistics 120   
Bornagain NV the Book Of Water - BOA NV The Book Of Flesh   
CASM_NV - CASM_NV_1_0_2b   
Clint Eastwood -Man With No Name- Pack - The Man with No Name outfit and guns   
Combined Community Sound Pack - Combined Community Sound Pack - Full Version   
Cowboy Repeater without peep sight - No Peep Sight   Unassigned   20-10-2013 20:01:25      
Distant or Unconscious Companions - Perks Removed - Distant or Unconscious Companions - Perks Removed   
DUINVv04   Unassigned            
DYNAVISION 3 - Total Visual Enhancement - DYNAVISION 3 FULL
Easy Unlocking - Easy Hacking - Guaranteed Pick Pocket - Easy Unlocking and Easy Hacking   Unassigned   
EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements - EVE FOOK WME cp   
EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements - EVE v1point15a Final   
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting   
GRA Weapon RextetureProject Patch   
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Interior Lighting Overhaul   
JIP Companions Command & Control   
More Perks - More Perks 2_4_6   
More Perks - More Perks for Companions 1_0_6   
NCR and Legion Hit Squad Freq - Frequency 21   
New Vegas Bounties I - Ferguson Rifle Update   
New Vegas Bounties I - NVBI version 1 dot 3   
New Vegas Restoration - NVR - NVR V10   
NMCs_Texture_Pack_For_New_Vegas - NMCs Textures NV SMALL Pack SINGLE FILE FOR NMM   
NPC Project - Freeside - NPC_Project_Freeside_V201   
NVInteriors Project - NMC_NVInteriors Compatibility patch Small   
NVInteriors Project - NVInteriors_Combo Edition   
NVInteriors Project - NVInteriors_Core   
One HUD ( oHUD )   
POCO BUENO Texture Pack - Poco Bueno Hi Res GS Watertank   
POCO BUENO Texture Pack - PocoBueno Skeleton Transparency Fix   
POCO BUENO Texture Pack - PocoBuenoTexturePackV5
Project Nevada            
Realistic Weapons Damages - New Vegas - RWD-NV V1_4 StandardVersion   
Russell - Russell Version dot 9 BETA   
SunnyCompanion   
The Mod Configuration Menu - The Mod Configuration Menu   
The Someguy Series - Someguy Series   
Unified HUD Project - uHUD   
Unlimited Companions - Unlimited Companions 101   
Unlimited Companions Updated -
Weapon Animations Replacer FOMOD   
Weapon Mods Expanded - WMX - Weapon Mods Expanded v1_1_1   
Weapon Retexture Project - WRP - weapon_retexture_project_
Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP - YUP - Base Game and All DLC   

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

grumbler

Actually, that's not many mods at all!  :lol:

Mod creep is a real problem with BethSoft games.  I probably played FNV last with four times as many mods as you have.  You will probably get into that range if you play it long enough.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Octavian

Quote from: grumbler on October 27, 2013, 11:32:29 AM
Actually, that's not many mods at all!  :lol:

Mod creep is a real problem with BethSoft games.  I probably played FNV last with four times as many mods as you have.  You will probably get into that range if you play it long enough.

Compared with the 2 mods I started with last sunday it is  :lol: But you are right. I keep installing mods, changing others etc. Just a couple of hours ago I installed Nevada skies.

I think it's part of the charm with Beth games :)

Just had a CTD. First one.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee