News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Seems to still be some difficulty...

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, March 10, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:45:00 PM
Something changed?

I think the default forum theme changed. I didn't notice, as I wasn't using it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2009, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 12, 2009, 10:45:00 PM
Something changed?

I think the default forum theme changed. I didn't notice, as I wasn't using it.
indeed
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

With the "blue" scheme it's hard to see which threads you posted in (light blue/red vs. dark blue/red); besides it's counterintuitive; I'd think the dark ones would be the ones I already posted in.

I want dots back.  :'(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Alright, everyone goes to their Profile -> Look and Layout & change their smiley set to "Light background".
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Why is it you never stay logged in whenever you end your session - despite choosing the option in your profile ?  ???

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on March 13, 2009, 07:37:35 AM
Why is it you never stay logged in whenever you end your session - despite choosing the option in your profile ?  ???

G.

Personnally, it's only the index page that think that I'm not logged in, click any link & It's my account.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 01:39:23 AM
With the "blue" scheme it's hard to see which threads you posted in (light blue/red vs. dark blue/red); besides it's counterintuitive; I'd think the dark ones would be the ones I already posted in.

I want dots back.  :'(
You can use whatever theme you want.  I'm trying to find one that is a real IPB clone, but this one GF pointed out as being the closest substitute for the moment.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Grallon on March 13, 2009, 07:37:35 AM

G.
I'll track down the problem.

Syt

Quote from: vonmoltke on March 13, 2009, 09:15:10 AMYou can use whatever theme you want.  I'm trying to find one that is a real IPB clone, but this one GF pointed out as being the closest substitute for the moment.

I know - none of the themes shows your "tagged" threads easily *and* is visually pleasing. This style looks best, and I will make do without dots.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Syt on March 13, 2009, 09:23:57 AM
Quote from: vonmoltke on March 13, 2009, 09:15:10 AMYou can use whatever theme you want.  I'm trying to find one that is a real IPB clone, but this one GF pointed out as being the closest substitute for the moment.

I know - none of the themes shows your "tagged" threads easily *and* is visually pleasing. This style looks best, and I will make do without dots.
OK.  I just want to make sure people know that they aren't stuck with what I pick for the default, just what I choose to install. :P

Syt

Quote from: vonmoltke on March 13, 2009, 09:28:29 AM
OK.  I just want to make sure people know that they aren't stuck with what I pick for the default, just what I choose to install. :P

:D
—Stephen Jay Gould