Main Menu

Stupid old men shouldn't drive

Started by Valdemar, March 02, 2010, 03:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Valdemar on March 02, 2010, 06:37:23 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 02, 2010, 06:02:45 AM
1995?  That's ancient.  Dude did you a favor.  :cool:

Thats the whole point... a 1995 GTI is 115 HP to 1000 kg or so... like driving a gokart compared to modern cars..

The modern equivalent is expensive and over done

V

EDIT, and 1995 old car is alot of value for money, except in a situation like this where the trade value is far below the drivng value :(

Anyway, you should still repair it. If there's no damage to the engine and it's just the body and lights, it could be done easily as you don't have to replace pieces that for old models may be difficult to get. Buying a new car would be much more expensive.

I'm actually planning to buy a new car in the Golf range, in case you want some tips.  ;)

Valdemar

Golf itself is over priced.... but vey nice..

For the same tech at lower price you could get a skoda or seat, or in similar vein an Opel :)

V

The Larch

Quote from: Valdemar on March 02, 2010, 08:39:12 AM
Golf itself is over priced.... but vey nice..

For the same tech at lower price you could get a skoda or seat, or in similar vein an Opel :)

V

Friend of mine talks quite well of the Honda Civic, but I've yet to check its price in dealerships over here.

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2010, 06:58:22 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 02, 2010, 05:34:06 AMAnd that tax is crazy, can't you register it somewhere else and just take it to Denmark?

:lol:  "No, officer, this is my mother's car. From New Hampshire."
We used to have a lot of that going on, here in Massachusetts!    <_<   

Neil

Quote from: Valdemar on March 02, 2010, 05:32:41 AM
In Denmark the registry tax on cars is 180% making used cars equally expensive
Wow.  No wonder Denmark looked so fucked up while I was there, with bicycles chained to every upright structure in sight.

Failed state.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: KRonn on March 02, 2010, 09:13:49 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2010, 06:58:22 AM
Quote from: The Larch on March 02, 2010, 05:34:06 AMAnd that tax is crazy, can't you register it somewhere else and just take it to Denmark?

:lol:  "No, officer, this is my mother's car. From New Hampshire."
We used to have a lot of that going on, here in Massachusetts!    <_<  
I never got that.  A lot of people who did it didn't want to have any sort of insurance, not just to have the cheaper insurance of small town New Hampshire. 

Only a lunatic would go without auto insurance in a place like Mass.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Just do what I did with my old AMC Pacer back in the day:

Duct tape the parts back on. Nobody will notice.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2010, 06:24:59 AM
Stupid old men shouldn't drive indeed.
Men under 25 get a lot of crap from insurance companies and all the blame for accidents...but its usually OAPs that are to blame.
Bullshit.

Valdemar

Quote from: Neil on March 02, 2010, 09:21:28 AM
Wow.  No wonder Denmark looked so fucked up while I was there, with bicycles chained to every upright structure in sight.

Failed state.

I agree the tax is ridiculus, but the bikes is as much a convenience. Distances are short, Urban traffic lowered and parking is cheap for a bike.

On that particullar aspect Aleberta and Denmark are in very different places, geographically.

V

Valdemar

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2010, 09:56:44 AM

If only :(

But corrosion would kill it in two seasons :)

V

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 02, 2010, 10:04:33 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2010, 06:24:59 AM
Stupid old men shouldn't drive indeed.
Men under 25 get a lot of crap from insurance companies and all the blame for accidents...but its usually OAPs that are to blame.
Bullshit.

Oh so now the guy who knows something about the subject interjects huh? :rolleyes:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Valdemar on March 02, 2010, 10:14:19 AM

Failed state.

I agree the tax is ridiculus, but the bikes is as much a convenience. Distances are short, Urban traffic lowered and parking is cheap for a bike.

On that particullar aspect Aleberta and Denmark are in very different places, geographically.

V

People live in Denmark for one thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valdemar on March 02, 2010, 10:15:06 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2010, 09:56:44 AM

If only :(

But corrosion would kill it in two seasons :)

V

Considering the Pacer, that would be a blessing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Gambrinus

Barrister

Quote from: Valdemar on March 02, 2010, 10:14:19 AM

Failed state.

V

:yes:

Denmark = huge parking lot
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.