A Great Artist
10 (31.3%)
A Con Artist
22 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

PJL

Quote from: Savonarola on April 06, 2009, 02:47:59 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 06, 2009, 02:43:43 PM
oh, and Warhol gets points for having the Velvet Underground as a house band and getting them a record contract.

He gets points subtracted for insisting that Nico sing on their debut album.   :P

Actually it was Nico that got the album produced at all. 

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habsburg

:mad:

Jesus, not even a con artist, just a con.  Along with Lichtenstein and Dali.

Can not believe people paid money for their schtick.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habsburg on June 08, 2009, 07:00:17 PM
:mad:

Jesus, not even a con artist, just a con.  Along with Lichtenstein and Dali.

Can not believe people paid money for their schtick.
What do you have against Dali?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Palisadoes

To quote a Foals song: Modern Art is for Pricks

Give me Mona Lisa any day over some cans of beans! We learnt Pop-art in year 5! That's how easy and pathetic it is!

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 08, 2009, 07:02:41 PMWhat do you have against Dali?
I'm with Habs, though I sort of like Warhol.  Dali on the other hand is just :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 06, 2009, 10:24:22 AM
After all, who in their right mind would pay millions of dollars for a collection of natural pigment splashes, on a piece of rag woven out of common plant, and nailed to four pieces of wood, yet we are perfectly happy to do so for Mona Lisa. If that's not con-art, I don't know what is.
That's silly, and you know it.  If I break a person down to their atoms, I couldn't sell the residue for enough to buy a beer.  And given that a computer is made out of some pretty simple materials, surely noone would ever pay more than ten dollars for one, right?

Sometimes, an item is worth more than the sum of it's raw materials.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.