News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pentagon announces end of ban on women on subs

Started by jimmy olsen, February 23, 2010, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on February 23, 2010, 09:55:16 PM
Yes, it was more of a very cramped stall, sorry for not being precise. 
I was taking advantage of the fact that bathrooms are called "heads" on ships.  Not that you shoudl be expected to know that, of course.

QuoteAs for the poster, it's there, and it wasn't a prank poster, which is what made it funny.
I am quite sure that the poster is a prank (because of the way navy showers actually work - showering with someone else would not save any water), but agree that it is funny, and would be credible to anyone who didn't think about it for a moment or know how navy showers work.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on February 24, 2010, 01:16:02 AM
Why not?
The Navy's preperation for the arrival of women was ill-thought-out, the women's berthing spaces were about 100 times better than the men's, and the ship's leadership was unprepared to deal effectively with the sexual harassment that was inevitable.  After two officers got fired at the job, I was transferred over to the job of First Lieutenant (thus becoming responsible for about 100 of the 160 women on board) and, while I loved the job and thought the women were generally great under pressure, the lesbian witch hunts on that ship (and the absurdity of the subsequent courts-martial, in which six of my sailors appeared as defendants) made it a horror story.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2010, 07:23:43 AM
Why not?
The Navy's preperation for the arrival of women was ill-thought-out, the women's berthing spaces were about 100 times better than the men's, and the ship's leadership was unprepared to deal effectively with the sexual harassment that was inevitable.  After two officers got fired at the job, I was transferred over to the job of First Lieutenant (thus becoming responsible for about 100 of the 160 women on board) and, while I loved the job and thought the women were generally great under pressure, the lesbian witch hunts on that ship (and the absurdity of the subsequent courts-martial, in which six of my sailors appeared as defendants) made it a horror story.
I'd have to think that the initial steps to integrating men and women were very difficult, and that now having dealt with the integration for a while, resolving issues, getting accustomed to it all, it's not much of a problem anymore?

grumbler

Quote from: KRonn on February 24, 2010, 09:17:10 AM
I'd have to think that the initial steps to integrating men and women were very difficult, and that now having dealt with the integration for a while, resolving issues, getting accustomed to it all, it's not much of a problem anymore?
It wasn't so much that it was hard that was annoying, it was the fact that there were so many Navy people free to (and even encouraged to) make it harder.  The Navy Incompetent Service was agog to investigate vague rumors of lesbianism (they had six agents working full-time on that case), while we had sailors stabbed in their sleep because they reported drug sales and NIS didn't care (zero agents assigned to even investigate).

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Why not?

Lesbian witches hunted down the sailors?  That is a horror story.  Tell it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2010, 12:09:30 PM
Why not?

Lesbian witches hunted down the sailors?  That is a horror story.  Tell it.

With pictures.

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2010, 07:23:43 AMthe women's berthing spaces were about 100 times better than the men's

Well, duh, they have the plumbing and equipment for it in their abodmens.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Grinning_Colossus

If a fireman with a giant, bristled penis were chasing me, I'd run too.  Poor lesbians.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 24, 2010, 01:50:43 PM
If a fireman with a giant, bristled penis were chasing me, I'd run too.  Poor lesbians.

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 24, 2010, 01:50:43 PM
What kinds of penises do you prefer?

Razgovory

I think Grumbler's memories might be a bit blurry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2010, 03:42:28 PM
I think Grumbler's memories might be a bit blurry.
This has nothing to do with my memory.  People wanted a story told in pictures of lesbian witches hunting sailors.  I gave it my best shot.  What is blurry is my ability to create pictures.  If people cannot see the story inherent in the picture, they can draw their own.

Bayraktar!