News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pentagon announces end of ban on women on subs

Started by jimmy olsen, February 23, 2010, 07:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Well something is blurry.  I figured it was either your memories or your drawing ability.   I wanted to be nice and not attack your drawing ability.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2010, 10:16:14 AMIt wasn't so much that it was hard that was annoying, it was the fact that there were so many Navy people free to (and even encouraged to) make it harder.  The Navy Incompetent Service was agog to investigate vague rumors of lesbianism (they had six agents working full-time on that case), while we had sailors stabbed in their sleep because they reported drug sales and NIS didn't care (zero agents assigned to even investigate).

That sounds pretty fucking stupid.  And annoying.

Maximus

Quote from: Jacob on February 24, 2010, 04:43:19 PM

Well, which would you rather investigate, lesbians or druggies?

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on February 24, 2010, 05:34:58 PM

An excellent point.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: grumbler on February 24, 2010, 10:16:14 AMIt wasn't so much that it was hard that was annoying, it was the fact that there were so many Navy people free to (and even encouraged to) make it harder.  The Navy Incompetent Service was agog to investigate vague rumors of lesbianism (they had six agents working full-time on that case), while we had sailors stabbed in their sleep because they reported drug sales and NIS didn't care (zero agents assigned to even investigate).

It was fucking disgraceful.  I was lucky no one interviewed me for the book - I was so mad I would have done myself a disservice.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Maximus on February 24, 2010, 05:34:58 PM

Indeed.  The Navy Incompetent Service loved investigating homosexuality of all kinds.  They didn't need anything like real evidence to get "convictions" and so justify the unjustifiable existence. That there is a hit TV show about them only added to my amusement (the one about the JAGs was even funnier, to people who know JAGs, but in a different way).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Jethro Gibbs would have run it different. By massively violating everybody rights and solving the crime in 58 minutes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive