News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Alien vs Predator: any reviews?

Started by CountDeMoney, February 22, 2010, 06:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Anybody pick-up/dl the new Alien v Predator three-way FPS?  I wanna run around and chomp 16 year old morons' heads a la Yaphet Kotto.

Tamas

there is (well, was) a multiplayer demo. I almost fell asleep while playing it. This game defines the term "mediocore"

The Brain

I gave the demo 2 minutes then uninstalled it. Seemed to blow.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I picked it up, but so far it is very disappointing.  For some reason you can't crouch.  Being an alien makes you dizzy.  It's one of those games I find myself trying to find other things to do rather then play.  I will soldier through through!  I will beat each campaign.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

If they get around to adding servers I'll probably pick it up.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2010, 07:10:48 AM
Hmmm, sounds disappointing.

Yeah, when Tamas calls a game "mediocre" it must really suck cancerous donkey balls.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on February 22, 2010, 11:33:26 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 22, 2010, 07:10:48 AM
Hmmm, sounds disappointing.

Yeah, when Tamas calls a game "mediocre" it must really suck cancerous donkey balls.

:rolleyes:

Razgovory

Ugh.  I started the alien campaign yesterday and have become somewhat ill.  I think they are related.  My eyes move around rapidly when I'm trying to read now.  I think that's because of the weird eye movements I had playing the game as a skittering crazy moving bug that was upside down one moment and and on a wall the next.  It's not quite motion sickness but I've uninstall that.  It's not worth it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017