UK-Israel relations hit the rocks over Dubai assanation

Started by jimmy olsen, February 17, 2010, 08:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on February 18, 2010, 06:21:37 AM
I'm all with the Brits on this. This is fucking disgraceful (I am not talking about killing some Hamas dude but stealing the identities of British citizens to carry out the deed). Fucking Jews think they can do anything because their American fuckbuddies will protect them.

Don't waste your breath on responding to Raz's Marti's inane trolls.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: Octavian on February 18, 2010, 03:55:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2010, 08:16:28 PM
Go Mossad!  :Joos

:blink:

Assuming Mossad did it:

I'm all for killing Hamas guys and other crazy mohammedeans but Mossad doesn't really deserve praise for the way they handled the operation.

As for the Uk's outrage...meh who cares.

It does seem particularly clumsy for a Mossad operation. Given the method of assassination, I don't see why an 11 man (or larger) team was needed. Admittedly, I am talking about this as an amateur, but bunching up that way in the corridor looks dreadfully unprofessional.

I wonder if this could be a Fatah Op with a dual goal. Kill the Hamas man and frame the Israelis...

OK, that's a bit paranoid. Still seems clumsy though.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on February 18, 2010, 07:58:35 AM
I'm all with the Brits on this. This is fucking disgraceful (I am not talking about killing some Hamas dude but stealing the identities of British citizens to carry out the deed). Fucking Jews think they can do anything because their American fuckbuddies will protect them.

What's so trollish about my post? The usage of British passports and identity theft by Mossad has been called "outrage" by David Milliband. How is my post different from that sentiment?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on February 18, 2010, 08:20:56 AM

What's so trollish about my post? The usage of British passports and identity theft by Mossad has been called "outrage" by David Milliband. How is my post different from that sentiment?

You have become: The Polack Tim.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Histrionics.  Also, one should avoid agreeing too closely with David Milliband.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from the Polack antisemite:
QuoteFucking Jews think they can do anything because their American fuckbuddies will protect them.
All antisemitic statements are, by definition, trolls (just like all the other types of racist ranting).

I know you are going to try to weasel out of the tag of antisemite, but frankly wish you wouldn't bother.  You won't convince anybody and will just spam the thread with more vapid bullshit.  An intellectually honest person would acknowledge the clear fact that they are antisemetic and vow to do something about it.  I rather doubt that that describes you, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

MI6 has never used forged passports?  Hmm . . .

UK response seems a tad on the hysterical side.  If this is an "outrage" what descriptors are left when something really serious happens?

Two early casualties of this affair:
+ Mossad reputation for operational competence and plausible deniability
+ British reputation for calm understatement.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Mart is just mad we have jew fuckbuddies, while they killed theirs off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Gups

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 18, 2010, 09:59:42 AM

UK response seems a tad on the hysterical side.  If this is an "outrage" what descriptors are left when something really serious happens?

Nobody in the Govt has described this as an "outrage".

If you strip out the journalistic spin there's not much there at all. The reporter has written this up as if it's very serious on the basis, from what I can gather, of a single unnamed "official". It might be serious, but I wouldn't assume so on the basis of this report. Sadly, British journalists hype up everything these days in a desperate attempt to get attention.

Gups

Incidentally, I think there is a distinction between using false passports and identity theft.

A slightly less hysterical article from the Times. Despiter what Milliband says, he obviously is just going to go through the motions and hope the story just dies down. Hence the investigation to kick the whole thing into the long grass. 

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7031988.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 18, 2010, 09:59:42 AM

There is a difference between forging passports and actually using names and identities of existing innocent British citizens.

It's absolutely amazing to what lengths you will always go to defend your Israeli buddies. They can do no wrong, can they?

Martinus

Quote from: Gups on February 18, 2010, 10:22:52 AM
Nobody in the Govt has described this as an "outrage".

Are you saying the UK foreign secretary is not in the govt?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8521246.stm

QuoteDavid Miliband vows to "get to the bottom" of how the alleged killers of a Hamas leader used fake UK passports in what he calls an "outrage"

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on February 18, 2010, 09:47:56 AM

Quote from the Polack antisemite:
QuoteFucking Jews think they can do anything because their American fuckbuddies will protect them.
All antisemitic statements are, by definition, trolls (just like all the other types of racist ranting).

I know you are going to try to weasel out of the tag of antisemite, but frankly wish you wouldn't bother.  You won't convince anybody and will just spam the thread with more vapid bullshit.  An intellectually honest person would acknowledge the clear fact that they are antisemetic and vow to do something about it.  I rather doubt that that describes you, though.

Wow, what a load of bullshit. Being angry at Israel for putting lives of citizens of a friendly country in danger makes one an antisemite now?