Have-Beens, Criminals Record a Crappy Song to Help Haiti

Started by Martinus, February 17, 2010, 02:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Maybe is was door #3. just can't stand really ignorant dumbasses. i mean you come off in thread as more clueless than Timmay.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2010, 01:25:03 AM
Oh Itunes's Genius informed me that the term I was looking for with what's happened to rap/hip-hop/r&b is Urban Crossover. :unsure:

That is what i've heard it called as well. :mellow:

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 18, 2010, 01:26:47 AM

I'd never heard that. :mellow:

Also, I love how "urban" is always just code for "black or other poor minorities." Urban Studies...:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2010, 01:32:14 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 18, 2010, 01:26:47 AM

I'd never heard that. :mellow:

Also, I love how "urban" is always just code for "black or other poor minorities." Urban Studies...:lol:

Is it: dazzling? :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on February 18, 2010, 01:19:47 AM
Wow, people on Languish are either really contrarian or they really hate me - because I never expected so many Languishites to come to the defense of hip hop as an art form or defend gangsta rappers as not so bad (considering they just killed one person or so).  :lol:

Marty, we only slammed you for not knowing who a major pop artist is.  :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Queequeg

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2010, 02:03:10 AM
Not really.  More for claiming that loving Hip-Hop, and something as "obscure" as Kanye West, is just as esoteric as loving Russian civilization.  That's about the biggest heap of bullshit I've read in a while.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

Quote from: Queequeg on February 18, 2010, 02:13:21 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2010, 02:03:10 AM
Not really.  More for claiming that loving Hip-Hop, and something as "obscure" as Kanye West, is just as esoteric as loving Russian civilization. 

Well that's just fucking stupid, no one loves Russian civilization, not even the Russians, just ask Beeb.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 18, 2010, 02:14:57 AM
Well that's just fucking stupid, no one loves Russian civilization, not even the Russians, just ask Beeb.

Even Martim only loves the Union.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Queequeg on February 18, 2010, 02:13:21 AM
More for claiming that loving Hip-Hop, and something as "obscure" as Kanye West, is just as esoteric as loving Russian civilization.  That's about the biggest heap of bullshit I've read in a while.
:thumbsup:  Hooray for hip hop!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2010, 05:43:15 PM

And now you do
Gold Digger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

Touch the Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwQbuAGLj4&feature=fvst

Jesus Walks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AyHupByuU
Stronger is a personal favorite. 
He is also two parts of one of my favorite Girl Talk songs.
I'm a little surprised if anyone here hasn't heard Stronger, at the very least.  It was very, very hard to avoid a few years ago. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Yeah that's another great one.

Stronger and Gold Digger were both #1 hits.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Stronger was only good because of the Daft Punk sampling. <_<