Have-Beens, Criminals Record a Crappy Song to Help Haiti

Started by Martinus, February 17, 2010, 02:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

You guys have to forgive Marti. Even though he's apparently out of the closet, still in the dark.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2010, 05:14:28 AM
You guys have to forgive Marti. Even though he's apparently out of the closet, still in the dark.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 05:07:50 AM
Sorry but black gays from California with their hair dyed purple do not qualify as "normal people".

Do you frequently listen to hip-hop?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

It would be nice to see Puff Daddy and J Lo get back together one day.  Yeah.

citizen k

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2010, 05:37:17 AM
Sorry but black gays from California with their hair dyed purple do not qualify as "normal people".

I think normal people (i.e. who are neither criminals, thugs, idiotic teenagers or San Francisco fags) do not listen to hip-hop frequently, period.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 04:59:24 AMFor your information, most normal people heard about Kanye West for the first time when he did that Beyonce/Taylor Swift thing last year.
I am not really up-to-date when it comes to pop stars, much less rappers, but even I knew him before that. And he is pretty successful as far as I can tell.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 05:53:34 AMI think normal people (i.e. who are neither criminals, thugs, idiotic teenagers or San Francisco fags) do not listen to hip-hop frequently, period.
Hip-hop is often played in multi-floor clubs on one of the floors as far as I can tell.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 05:53:34 AM
I think normal people (i.e. who are neither criminals, thugs, idiotic teenagers or San Francisco fags) do not listen to hip-hop frequently, period.

You don't know much about America then (surprise!).

I was actually just about to post that more interesting to me than your ignorance is how rap/hip-hop/r&b (on the mainstream side) have largely become monikers for pop made by black people.  While when I was a child, you had to listen to separate radio stations for your rap & hip-hop now you can turn to any top 40 station to hear Taylor Swift followed by T-Pain, then Britney, Little Wayne, and Lady Gaga.

Why even in gay clubs here you can get Kylie followed up by Jay-Z.

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 04:57:03 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 17, 2010, 04:31:42 AM
So, who are the criminals and who the have-beens?

Snoop Dog is a criminal for example.

For a hip hop artist, he's almost a model citizen.  :P

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 03:20:26 AM
Incidentally, if the fucking 45 "superstars" each donated 1% of their money instead of recording a crappy song, that would probably be more than the $30 million they raised. Fucking poseurs.
:yes:
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 05:12:04 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2010, 05:08:29 AM
I first heard about Kanye West when he did the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" thing at the Katrina telethon.

Well, ok. I'm willing to concede this. Essentially, this guy is a troll, not an "acclaimed artist".

Because winning like a dozen Grammys, selling bucketloads of records and getting rave reviews doesn't count, right?

He IS and acclaimed artist. The fact that you don't know him or don't like the genre he plays in doesn't detract from that. Insisting on it only makes you more of a fool that you normally make of yourself in these situations.

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 05:53:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2010, 05:37:17 AM

And you'd be very, very wrong. Lots of Hip hop artists have become mainstream in the last decade or so, and you can get them in run of the mill radio or TV stations.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: The Larch on February 17, 2010, 06:04:46 AM

Doesn't he pretty much just smoke weed?  Nothing wrong with that in California now. 

The Larch

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 17, 2010, 06:21:13 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 17, 2010, 06:04:46 AM

Doesn't he pretty much just smoke weed?  Nothing wrong with that in California now.

He was a gang member in his youth, so I guess he may have a few skeletons (or bodies) in his closet.