Have-Beens, Criminals Record a Crappy Song to Help Haiti

Started by Martinus, February 17, 2010, 02:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on February 17, 2010, 03:00:23 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2010, 05:14:28 AM
You guys have to forgive Marti. Even though he's apparently out of the closet, still in the dark.

How much money did he donate to Haiti relief, I wonder.

2 Prada bags and 1 dildo, gently used.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Do some of you guys live under rocks?

Even though I couldn't name one of his songs, I've heard of Kanye West for years, and was aware he was highly regarded.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on February 17, 2010, 03:38:35 PM

Even though I couldn't name one of his songs, I've heard of Kanye West for years, and was aware he was highly regarded.

Yeah Languish posters are freaky. "Who is Kanye West? Who is Jack Black? Who is Michael Douglas?" WTF
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

This establishes that you're more worldly and sophisticated than Marty, that's all :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on February 17, 2010, 03:41:23 PM

This establishes that you're more worldly and sophisticated than Marty, that's all :hug:

What's bizarre is that he aspires to be worldly and sophisticated, while I do not.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on February 17, 2010, 03:01:53 PM
I remember seeing a teary-eyed Kanye on TV defending gay pipple's right to do their thing. I bet he's changed his mind now.
Kanye West doesn't care about gay people.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2010, 03:58:55 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 17, 2010, 03:01:53 PM
I remember seeing a teary-eyed Kanye on TV defending gay pipple's right to do their thing. I bet he's changed his mind now.
Kanye West doesn't care about gay people.

Silence.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2010, 11:46:31 AM
I think you're seriously overestimating how much these people make. Hell, I'm not sure Marty's guess wasn't an overestimation, and he used 1% of their wealth rather than their income.
Yeah, wealth would be better than income, my mistake.  There's like 25-30 people singing there?  I just don't see how they're going to raise the equivalent of 30 million$ for today by selling a song that everybody has heard by now.  IIRC, the last attemps at such songs weren't that successful.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I've heard of Kanye West too, but I don't think I could point to any men in this video and tell you "that's Kanye West".

But I'm not  worldly and sophisticated, so that's my excuse :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: viper37 on February 17, 2010, 04:15:01 PM
I've heard of Kanye West too, but I don't think I could point to any men in this video and tell you "that's Kanye West".

I have known who Kanye West is for approximately five years, and do know what he looks and sounds like, and what genre of music he performs.  I do not know any of his songs and to my knowledge have never heard one.  I also do know that West is a douchebag attention whore.  That is the extent of my knowledge of Kanye West.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on February 17, 2010, 03:43:37 PMWhat's bizarre is that he aspires to be worldly and sophisticated, while I do not.   :huh:

Ironic, isn't it.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on February 17, 2010, 03:00:23 PM
How much money did he donate to Haiti relief, I wonder.

Probably not much.

QuoteMakes one think Haiti really deserved it. 
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2010, 04:19:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 17, 2010, 04:15:01 PM

I have known who Kanye West is for approximately five years, and do know what he looks and sounds like, and what genre of music he performs.  I do not know any of his songs and to my knowledge have never heard one.  I also do know that West is a douchebag attention whore.  That is the extent of my knowledge of Kanye West.

And now you do
Gold Digger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

Touch the Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwQbuAGLj4&feature=fvst

Jesus Walks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AyHupByuU

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point