Have-Beens, Criminals Record a Crappy Song to Help Haiti

Started by Martinus, February 17, 2010, 02:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ice T would pout a cap all their poser asses.

Body Count, bitches.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 04:59:24 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2010, 04:22:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 04:19:00 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2010, 04:16:37 AM
Kanye West is a Has-Been?  :huh:

Well, ok. More like "Never-Was".
He released some of the best selling and most critically acclaimed albums of the last decade.  Just because you think he's no Rufus Wainright doesn't mean he's probably the best non-OutKast Hip-Hop artist of the 00s.

:lol: I never expected anyone on Languish to ever argue that Kanye West is a great artist, and of all the people, that it would be you. you have some really retarded views on lots of things. Do you always have a boner for crap (e.g. Russian "civilization")?

For your information, most normal people heard about Kanye West for the first time when he did that Beyonce/Taylor Swift thing last year.
:lmfao: Kanye West is one of the most famous stars in America and has been for years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Give him a break guys.  He is not part of the Western Culture.  Martinus is a Russian.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Martinus is not so much a poster as he is a series of solipsisms. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI

With the first one in 1985, I recognize nearly everyone singing.
Now, Pink and Celine aside... I'm not sure I can make any name in the bunch.

Anyway, how is this gonna work for the fund raising?  It's not like downloading the song from torrents&emule or watching the clip on Youtube is going to give people 60 million$...
And at 1$ a song, minus the operating costs, assuming the usual cut of the artist is 0,20$ by song, you need 300 000 000 downloads to make it worthwhile.

and even then, 60 million bucks isn't that much.  I applaud the gesture, but at the same time, I tend to agree with Marty that they should have given 1% of their yearly wage and it would have ammounted to more than anything they can raise with this song.

Anyway, we should not let anything get in the way of bashing Marty, so please continue. :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 17, 2010, 05:13:01 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2010, 04:59:24 AM
For your information, most normal people heard about Kanye West for the first time when he did that Beyonce/Taylor Swift thing last year.

First time I'd heard of him, but I'm pretty clueless about pop culture

Same here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2010, 06:38:33 AM
Ice T would pout a cap all their poser asses.

Body Count, bitches.

Yeah, but Ice T is a class of his own.

*goes to listen to KKK Bitch*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on February 17, 2010, 10:43:33 AM
and even then, 60 million bucks isn't that much.  I applaud the gesture, but at the same time, I tend to agree with Marty that they should have given 1% of their yearly wage and it would have ammounted to more than anything they can raise with this song.

I think you're seriously overestimating how much these people make. Hell, I'm not sure Marty's guess wasn't an overestimation, and he used 1% of their wealth rather than their income.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

No he's right. This new iteration of the song ain't going to raise much.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 17, 2010, 03:15:04 AM
The record raised more than $30 million for USA for Africa, a nonprofit organization the singers founded to fund hunger relief in Africa.

And thanks to that, 25 years later hunger in Africa is a thing of the past

Hey now, I'm sure that money was put to good use, feeding & clothing the children of corrupt African officials.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: katmai on February 17, 2010, 05:14:28 AM
You guys have to forgive Marti. Even though he's apparently out of the closet, still in the dark.

How much money did he donate to Haiti relief, I wonder.

The Brain

I remember seeing a teary-eyed Kanye on TV defending gay pipple's right to do their thing. I bet he's changed his mind now.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.