Vampire teenage girl heartthrob: "I'm allergic to vaginas"

Started by Martinus, February 16, 2010, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Grallon on February 17, 2010, 07:02:10 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 17, 2010, 03:22:15 PM

Next thing you know, there will be a move on to convince dads to eat the afterbirth. Because it is all natural and bond-y to do so.  ;)

I can't fail to notice you don't object to cutting your son's prepuce when you have reservations about cutting other parts of him...

But again, I don't know perhaps you didn't go through with the Brit Milah?

G.

What I object to is not that the cord was cut, but being asked to do it myself:lol:

People would look kinda odd walking about connected to their moms by an umbilical cord.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grallon

Quote from: Malthus on February 18, 2010, 10:54:09 AM

What I object to is not that the cord was cut, but being asked to do it myself:lol:

People would look kinda odd walking about connected to their moms by an umbilical cord.

Speaking of doing things yourself - is it customary for the father to cut off the prepuce of his son during that ritual or is it the job of the rabbi?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

Quote from: Grallon on February 18, 2010, 11:10:10 AM

Speaking of doing things yourself - is it customary for the father to cut off the prepuce of his son during that ritual or is it the job of the rabbi?

G.

Not a Seinfeld fan I see.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

G.

Neither. It is the job of medical professionals trained for that task (though some of those are rabbis also).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohel
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

How do you decide to become a Mohel anyway? You just wake up one day with a strong urge to cut up tiny cocks?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Quote from: derspiess on February 17, 2010, 02:49:44 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 17, 2010, 08:45:22 AM
What is up with that cord-cutting thing anyway? I can think of better bonding experiences. Hell, pretty well anything else would be a better bonding experience. 

Dunno.  I went ahead & did it for the hell of it.  The tissue is a lot tougher than I thought it would be-- took me two attempts to cut clean through.

Thinking back through how overwhelming the whole experience was, I can almost see how some guys faint.

I would probably faint.

And can I cut it with my combat knife?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on February 18, 2010, 11:28:49 AM
How do you decide to become a Mohel anyway? You just wake up one day with a strong urge to cut up tiny cocks?

I guess it starts like that with the first in the line and then becomes a family tradition. Like executioners in ye olden times.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

G.

In sefaradi tradition have to be a direct relative, usually the grandfather of the child. I was circuncised by my grandpa, while my dad circuncised all my nefews.

The ashkenazi ussually use a mohel, which is a dude medically trained to do the job. 

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

G.

The parents pay a rabbi (mohel) to do it, and he gets to keep the tip.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grallon

Quote from: derspiess on February 18, 2010, 01:34:10 PM

G.

The parents pay a rabbi (mohel) to do it, and he gets to keep the tip.

Witty  ^_^

Well I am now educated in matters jewish.  Thank you all.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2010, 06:12:08 PM
I'd appreciate Spellus not tainting MST3K, Rifftrax or any other post MST3k project.  :mad:

Have you seen any Cinema Titanic? It's with Joel. I haven't seen it but I am curious. Joel and Mike need to get together.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Ed Anger

Quote from: Korea on February 18, 2010, 08:17:37 PM
I'd appreciate Spellus not tainting MST3K, Rifftrax or any other post MST3k project.  :mad:

Have you seen any Cinema Titanic? It's with Joel. I haven't seen it but I am curious. Joel and Mike need to get together.

Heard about it, haven't seen any. I'll eventually get a DVD and try it out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on February 18, 2010, 10:09:01 AM
Wasn't Moh-El one of Superman's uncles?
I think the Kryptonian in the Legion of Heroes was Mon El. 
PDH!

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 18, 2010, 08:22:49 PM
Quote from: Korea on February 18, 2010, 08:17:37 PM

Heard about it, haven't seen any. I'll eventually get a DVD and try it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksqb8-7dPDI

I don't like having to look at them. And I never really liked Mary Jo Phel very much.