News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which ACW game is best?

Started by Vise, April 04, 2009, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vise

I've been looking at the ACW games from matrix and can't decide which one to get. 

Ageod's American Civil War
Forge of Freedom
Gary Grigsby's War Between The States

Which one would any of you recommend?
Honey badger don't give a shit!

PDH

Victory Games - Civil War.

You get the added bonus of having Retard Camps in the Nortwest part of the map.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PDH on April 04, 2009, 09:27:17 PM
Victory Games - Civil War.

You get the added bonus of having Retard Camps in the Nortwest part of the map.
I don't remember any retard camps. :huh:

PDH

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2009, 09:30:24 PM
I don't remember any retard camps. :huh:
You didn't play it right then.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Are you talking about locking up Fremont and Halleck with one SP in St. Louis?

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Syt

The complexity of the three games goes (from lower to higher):

GGWbtS => AACW => FoF

FoF was crap at release, but supposedly it's been cleaned up a fair bit. It's also the only one that allows for tactical battles. AACW seems to strike a good middle ground for most players. Can't comment on GGWbtS, but I recall forum comments not being too favorable.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ape

No Greater Glory was awesome  :)

Phillip V