And we're back!

Main Menu

Warhammer Fantasy (minis)

Started by Galrion, March 12, 2009, 08:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galrion

Quote from: Eochaid on April 03, 2009, 03:37:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2009, 11:42:18 AM
As you guess G VC are not high on my list since I've done TK.

I kind of like Dwarfs but they are not really a speedpainter army I think, and more importantly there is little visual variation between their troop types.

Lizardmen. You can speedpaint most core units (skinks/saurus) and spend more time on special troops.

Kevin

I believe I suggested that a few posts up as well.   :contract:

Lettow77

I have a wood elf army hovering at 1500 points- they have a fun combat style, though it can grate on some people, and also daemons cut a hole in tree spirits.

(Dont use too many tree spirits, anyhow!)

Guard and tomb kings suggests good taste. Elves are a change, few to pant, and wood elves have a higher than average amount of plastics.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Brain

Quote from: Eochaid on April 03, 2009, 03:37:07 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2009, 11:42:18 AM
As you guess G VC are not high on my list since I've done TK.

I kind of like Dwarfs but they are not really a speedpainter army I think, and more importantly there is little visual variation between their troop types.

Lizardmen. You can speedpaint most core units (skinks/saurus) and spend more time on special troops.

Kevin

Alas Lizardmen don't really do it for me. Not really sure why.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

After assmebling two Skaven I remember my main objection to WFB: that bases are way too small for the dynamic poses of the models. Getting 30 Skaven to rank up = hard fucking work. Annoying. Even with regimental bases and maybe unit fillers it will be a fucking hassle.

Galrion

apparently folks that play much wargaming around here choose to play warhammer ancient battles.    <_<

The Brain

I've got WAB, about a year ago I was tempted to start something. But it passed.

Galrion

Is anyone else following the "something big" rumor thread on warseer?  Wouldn't have thought anything of it, except Harry keeps popping in to support the idea that something huge is in fact coming for WFB.  Does anyone else know anything about it?

The Brain

Quote from: Galrion on April 06, 2009, 12:14:25 PM
Is anyone else following the "something big" rumor thread on warseer?  Wouldn't have thought anything of it, except Harry keeps popping in to support the idea that something huge is in fact coming for WFB.  Does anyone else know anything about it?

Don't know anything. Of course both 40k and LotR have gotten "something huge" ( :bleeding: ) so why not WFB next.