Main Menu

Republican Candidates for the 2012 Nomination

Started by stjaba, February 10, 2010, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: AnchorClanker on February 11, 2010, 04:28:30 PM

I meant social conserrvative bullshit

I know, that is why I deleted the first part of your post. :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Huckabee is a charming fellow.  He's one of the few politicians on the right who can disagree with the left without sounding disagreeable.  However, he's an unapologetic Jesus freak, and that shows a scary disregard for intellectual curiosity and openness regardless of one's charm.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2010, 04:05:24 PM
Anyway, my money is on Romney at this point.

For now at least, he's my guy.  I think I finally got past the Mormon thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 11, 2010, 04:05:24 PM
Anyway, my money is on Romney at this point.

Oh sure you won't vote for a catholic, but a mormon no problem!

you disgust me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on February 11, 2010, 04:55:51 PM
Oh sure you won't vote for a catholic, but a mormon no problem!

you disgust me.

Rudy was a Catholic. See, I'm sometimes able to look past these things.  Now if he had been Irish...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2010, 05:04:12 PM
Huckabee. :bleeding:

I agree with others that he's a likeable guy, but I don't want anyone so focused on social issues, one way or the other.  Economic issues are what should tie all Republicans together and is the best bet IMO of poaching independents for either 2010 or 2012.   As everyone here knows, I'm socially conservative but I'm willing to put that aside for now in favor more pressing issues.

Of course, Huck is my oldest brother's ideal candidate :rolleyes:

MadImmortalMan

The talk of Thune does surprise me. I had no idea he was so high profile.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: dps on February 11, 2010, 02:13:21 PM
There's only a few people on that list that I would support, though there are some that I don't know enough about to say for sure that I couldn't support them.  And generally, the ones I'd support are the ones least likely to run.

Rick Santorum? :P

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2010, 04:45:03 PM
Huckabee is a charming fellow.  He's one of the few politicians on the right who can disagree with the left without sounding disagreeable.  However, he's an unapologetic Jesus freak, and that shows a scary disregard for intellectual curiosity and openness regardless of one's charm.

:rolleyes:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on February 11, 2010, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2010, 04:45:03 PM

:rolleyes:

You're right. He was too kind in those first two sentences.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on February 11, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
Don't worry about that.  He's a M.I.N.O.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points