News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Republican Candidates for the 2012 Nomination

Started by stjaba, February 10, 2010, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 14, 2010, 05:20:59 PM
So sofar the evidence the Palin-haters have arraigned against her has been a SNL skid by Tina Fey and the fact that she is a christian.  Wow, you guys certainly have made an airtight case against her.  :lmfao:

Which part of Tina Fey's sketch was it in where she wrote on her hand and quite being governor?  You have in her defense copy pasted a bunch of verbal gaffes taken from thousands of public appearances that Obama (whom you believe is unqualified) has made.  Palin has only done a handful of interviews and press questions.  Each time she made it quite clear she didn't know what the fuck she was doing.  I honestly don't know how you can go on like this with a straight face.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on February 14, 2010, 07:07:06 PM
I honestly don't know how you can go on like this with a straight face.

Take hope in it Raz, shows he's nuttier than you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 11, 2010, 07:02:04 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 10, 2010, 09:20:36 PM
Petraeus pro imperator!
I'd love it if the Republicans ran him only to discover he was like Ike :wub:
An invalid who allows his young, moderate, energetic VP to set vast swathes of policy?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on February 14, 2010, 06:15:17 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on February 14, 2010, 05:20:59 PM
So sofar the evidence the Palin-haters have arraigned against her has been a SNL skid by Tina Fey and the fact that she is a christian.  Wow, you guys certainly have made an airtight case against her.  :lmfao:

I fell off the Palin bandwagon when she couldn't even finish a single term as Governor of Alaska.

She seems like a decent enough person, but not qualified at this point to be President.

Well, I wouldn't say that I was ever on that bandwagon, but otherwise, I agree.

Though "decent enough person, but not qualified to be President" probably describes at least 2 out of the 10 Presidents we've had in my lifetime.

I guess 3 more were qualified, but jackasses, and probably 2 were both jackasses and not qualified, so that leaves at best 3 that were both qualified and decent people.

Neil

Quote from: dps on February 14, 2010, 07:44:24 PMso that leaves at best 3 that were both qualified and decent people.
Nixon, Reagan and Bush.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on February 14, 2010, 07:44:24 PM
Though "decent enough person, but not qualified to be President" probably describes at least 2 out of the 10 Presidents we've had in my lifetime.

I guess 3 more were qualified, but jackasses, and probably 2 were both jackasses and not qualified, so that leaves at best 3 that were both qualified and decent people.

Hmmm... I'm going to take a guess at your ratings.

(D, ~Q) = Ford or Bush, Obama
(J, Q) = Nixon, Johnson, Clinton
(J, ~Q) = Carter, Kennedy
(D, Q) = Papa Bush, Reagan, Ford or Bush 2

Edit- forgot I hadn't put Reagan in
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 14, 2010, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: dps on February 14, 2010, 07:44:24 PM

Hmmm... I'm going to take a guess at your ratings.

(D, ~Q) = Ford or Bush, Obama
(J, Q) = Nixon, Johnson, Clinton
(J, ~Q) = Carter, Kennedy
(D, Q) = Papa Bush, Reagan, Ford or Bush 2

Edit- forgot I hadn't put Reagan in

Good God, man, you only got 3 right.  How the heck did you get Carter as "jackass, not qualified"?  "A decent man, but in way over his head as President" is practically the textbook description of Jimmy Carter.

Neil

Post-presidency, Carter became a bigger asshole than any President, before or since.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on February 14, 2010, 08:53:44 PM
Post-presidency, Carter became a bigger asshole than any President, before or since.

Unpossible as Nixon was and shall always remain the biggest Asshole to be president.

DGuller

Let me try.  We have Obama, Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, and JFK.

(D, ~Q) = Carter, Bush 2
(J, Q) = Clinton, Nixon, LBJ
(J, ~Q) = Kennedy, ???

Neil

Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 08:55:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 14, 2010, 08:53:44 PM
Unpossible as Nixon was and shall always remain the biggest Asshole to be president.
¿Por qué no te callas, trol?

Nixon was the greatest American ever, and amazing evidence of the social inequitality in your adopted country.  Even though the poorest white man in America can rise to its highest office through amazing talent, the jealous elite will always bring him down.

katmai

Sigh, wouldn't expect an inbred Albertan hick to grasp the concept of greatness, so I'll just leave you to your delusions. :console:

katmai

P.S. My avatar could kick your avatar's ass in fistacuffs you pansy Canuck.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 09:10:17 PM
Sigh, wouldn't expect an inbred Albertan hick to grasp the concept of greatness, so I'll just leave you to your delusions. :console:
Your willingness to swallow propaganda has been noted.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on February 14, 2010, 09:11:19 PM
P.S. My avatar could kick your avatar's ass in fistacuffs you pansy Canuck.
Nixon's determination would carry him to victory.