News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Juice Williams is one big failure as Illini QB. he's had one good game 2 years ago and a steady stream of shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: dps on October 03, 2009, 04:27:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2009, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2009, 02:20:42 PM
Michigan should have beat Sparty, but the Great Lakes rain decided to remind Coach Rodriguez why they don't play the spread in the Big Ten.

If you are under the impression the spread can only work in nice weather you obviously have never been Lubbock where Texas Tech is.  The winds there are simply ridiculous.

Was MIM one of they guys who was saying, back when Florida hired Urban Meyers away from Utah, that his system couldn't work in the SEC?

No.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on October 03, 2009, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2009, 02:20:42 PM
Michigan should have beat Sparty, but the Great Lakes rain decided to remind Coach Rodriguez why they don't play the spread in the Big Ten.

If you are under the impression the spread can only work in nice weather you obviously have never been Lubbock where Texas Tech is.  The winds there are simply ridiculous.

TTech doesn't play the spread option like Michigan. They're more of a spread-out West Coast or air raid offense. Wet weather = slippery football. Look that that last sloppy ass drive in regulation today. Forcier gave it an amazing shot but he just couldn't hang on to the ball.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Ok I have to admit Clausen is a really good Quarterback.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Wyoming (3-2) faced off against the mighty Owls of Florida Atlantic University (0-4) today, and managed to totally dominate every aspect of the game, winning by the impressive margin of 30-28.

Still, a win is a win, and Wyoming is suddenly with a bit of offense.  I will take it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Cris Carter's boy Duron got his first TD pass.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2009, 07:33:41 PM
Didn't figure Chris for a big Duron Duron fan.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2009, 07:56:27 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2009, 07:33:41 PM
Didn't figure Chris for a big Duron Duron fan.

Hyuk, hyuk.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

I sure hope Charlie Weiss isn't going to make Katmai sleep in the wet spot tonight.

CountDeMoney

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Fuck you, Clemson.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 03, 2009, 06:04:14 PM
TTech doesn't play the spread option like Michigan. They're more of a spread-out West Coast or air raid offense. Wet weather = slippery football. Look that that last sloppy ass drive in regulation today. Forcier gave it an amazing shot but he just couldn't hang on to the ball.

Central Michigan?   They run their spread pretty well in shitty weather (they did kinda have an off day against Buffalo in bad weather today though...kind of...lots of penalties, etc, only won by 7).  IIRC They pass more than Michigan, run more than Tech.

Edit:  It's pretty much one dude though, but they have stuck a backup in there and had success when LeFevour has gotten hurt.  I think they beat Indiana last year with the backup. 

katmai

Tim ortiz, eat shit and die.

Jay,

they were 14 pt underdogs, so I can't really be too bummed by a loss in ot.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

At least ONE UW represented today.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son