Hong Kong widow killed by pensioner falling from 27th floor.

Started by Syt, February 10, 2010, 12:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2010, 06:50:22 PM
All fucking punners must fucking hang. :frusty:
This thread suggests there is more than one kind of long drop.

Monoriu

Police says the old woman slipped while trying to hang her clothes outside the window to dry.

Monoriu

In other news, a 40 year old woman had a quarrel with her husband over the education of their daughter.  The wife ended up throwing the 4 year old kid down, then jumped after her.  The kid survived because a net caught her.  The older woman plunged through the net and died.

Agelastus

Quote from: Monoriu on February 10, 2010, 07:16:15 PM
In other news, a 40 year old woman had a quarrel with her husband over the education of their daughter.  The wife ended up throwing the 4 year old kid down, then jumped after her.  The kid survived because a net caught her.  The older woman plunged through the net and died.

Karma. Can't beat it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Monoriu

QuoteHONG KONG (AFP) - Rescue workers on Saturday pulled a fourth body from the rubble of a rundown housing block that collapsed in Hong Kong as the government ordered urgent checks on all buildings more than 50 years old.

The five-storey building, built in the 1950s, collapsed in seconds on Friday afternoon in Kowloon district, witnesses told local television.

Rescuers retrieved a fourth body early Saturday following an overnight search, the government said in a statement.

"She was certified dead at the scene," it said. "So far, four persons died and two (were) injured in the collapse."

Rescue workers were continuing to search for a fifth person believed to be trapped in the rubble, broadcaster RTHK said. Reports said renovation work was being carried out on the building but the cause of the collapse was unclear.

About 100 people affected by the collapse spent the night in two community centres.

Au Choi-kai, director of buildings, said a repair order had been served on the owners of the block this month. But he added that its condition was not bad enough to order its closure, RTHK reported.

Development Secretary Carrie Lam has ordered checks on all buildings more than 50 years old, it said.

The South China Morning Post described it as "the worst incident of its kind in the city in decades".

Reports said the building collapsed in a matter of seconds.

"I saw bits and pieces of earth and tiles sliding down the wall at the beginning... a woman was trying to climb out through the window. About 15 seconds later, the building fell like dominoes," a passer-by told Cable TV.

Decades-old, rundown residential blocks are often interspersed with high rises in Hong Kong, an international financial hub famous for its high population density and fast pace of redevelopment.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/6740163/four-killed-in-hong-kong-building-collapse/

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2010, 06:50:22 PM
All fucking punners must fucking hang. :frusty:
All those puns, especially the fake outrage puns, are really in bad taste.  Put yourself in her spot, imagine how you would've felt?  Personally, I would've felt crushed.

Solmyr

These puns have really fallen to a new low, hitting rock bottom.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.