Hong Kong widow killed by pensioner falling from 27th floor.

Started by Syt, February 10, 2010, 12:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5huQDS_AeBgfe8v58vU04JfGwzJIg

QuoteHong Kong widow killed by falling pensioner

(AFP) – 10 hours ago

HONG KONG — A Hong Kong widow who lost her husband in an accident three years ago was killed when an elderly neighbour plunged from her high-rise flat and landed on top of her, police said Wednesday.

Both women were killed in the bizarre accident Tuesday after the 74-year-old slipped while collecting clothes from a drying rack outside her flat, a common sight in the densely populated city of seven million.

The elderly woman fell from her 27th-floor flat and landed directly on top of Chan Kwai-mui, 51.

In 2007, Chan was left a widow when a crane collapsed at a construction site, killing her husband and another worker.

"She had just managed to get over the death of her husband," local media quoted Chan's neighbour as saying.

mono rejoices that two birds that were sipping from welfare were killed by one, well, pensioner.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

In most places this would be a one in a million chance.
AS crowded as Hong Kong is though....I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2010, 04:39:09 PM
In most places this would be a one in a million chance.
AS crowded as Hong Kong is though....I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Caliga

I actually screwed that up... meant to say "Chan Yu Sei Wai?"  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2010, 06:50:22 PM
All fucking punners must fucking hang. :frusty:

I didn't know you were in to auto-erotic asphyxiation... :o
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be