News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Age of Reading?

Started by Malthus, February 08, 2010, 11:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on February 09, 2010, 11:40:34 AM
I was taught to read before I went to school so 3-4 or so.  I don't remember it to well.

QFT
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2010, 02:34:57 PM
I know that at 3 I had to start reading as I can remember being given worksheets (pre-school mind you) that also featured spanish words. Uvas!

I started English at 3 as well, I remember singing "Heads, shoulders, knees and toes" back then. Though I don't recall reading anything until I was at least 5 (truth be told, I don't remember much from those years at all).

Pat

Started talking shortly after turning one. Was reading and writing by 3 or 4. Taught myself spontaneously. Remember reading stuff to the other kids at my kindergarten and they didn't believe me and they claimed I had asked an adult what it said. Was reading history books for adults, the lord of the rings trilogy etc at 7 or 8.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Pat on February 09, 2010, 07:30:22 PM
Started talking shortly after turning one. Was reading and writing by 3 or 4. Taught myself spontaneously. Remember reading stuff to the other kids at my kindergarten and they didn't believe me and they claimed I had asked an adult what it said. Was reading history books for adults, the lord of the rings trilogy etc at 7 or 8.

There, Kat and Cal.  It wasn't me. :yeah:
Experience bij!

katmai

Quote from: DontSayBanana on February 09, 2010, 07:33:46 PM
Quote from: Pat on February 09, 2010, 07:30:22 PM

There, Kat and Cal.  It wasn't me. :yeah:

Hey moron, I didn't say anything about you being a pretentious twit, that was just Cal.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on February 09, 2010, 07:39:46 PM
Hey moron, I didn't say anything about you being a pretentious twit, that was just Cal.

:blush:

:P
Experience bij!