News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Angry songs

Started by garbon, February 05, 2010, 07:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

@sbr/Brain - So I can only find the anger I'm seeking in metal? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

There is some pretty angry rap too.  I don't like most of the new stuff, but people like Public Enemy and early '90's Ice Cube were pretty pissed, but hadn't gone completely off the ho's/bling/look at me deep end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2010, 08:09:12 PM
Not Toby Keith.   :huh:

He's a pretty patriotic guy, but he even wrote a song from the point of view of an Afghan peasant (The Taliban Song).  Of course it showed that peasant welcoming the US invasion, but still I thought that was fairly multicultural for a country singer.
Looked it up, I was right.  Toby Keith did Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2010, 08:12:27 PM
@sbr/Brain - So I can only find the anger I'm seeking in metal? :(

Well it has to be music made by losers: metal, hip-hop etc. Winners don't make angry music.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2010, 08:18:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2010, 08:09:12 PM
Not Toby Keith.   :huh:

He's a pretty patriotic guy, but he even wrote a song from the point of view of an Afghan peasant (The Taliban Song).  Of course it showed that peasant welcoming the US invasion, but still I thought that was fairly multicultural for a country singer.
Looked it up, I was right.  Toby Keith did Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue.

I have some Toby Keith, but don't recognize the name.  I'll take a listen.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Some early Courtney Love stuff she did with Hole is pretty angry.

But I've always liked this Lennon tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkc1aKAVYY
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

I suggest hard core punk band "Sick of it all"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

You oughta know, by Alanis Morisette.

Eddie Teach

Rage Against the Machine
Nirvana- Territorial Pissings
Alanis Morissette- You Oughta Know(not sure how you categorize anything by Fiona Apple with this)
Carrie Underwood- Before He Cheats
Nick Cave- Stagger Lee
Three Days Grace- Just Like You
Toby Keith- Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue
System of a Down- Deer Dance(and others)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

So I have to avoid Metal bands?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc. (overall a pretty angry punk EP...ok, Rawhide isn't so angry)  Also, Holiday in Cambodia is a good angry song.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Dead Kennedys weren't angry, just misunderstood!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Thanks all, I'll look those up. Oh and yeah, I included that Alanis song in my playlist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Paging Mr. Rollins, Mr. Rollins, white courtesy phone.