News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Angry songs

Started by garbon, February 05, 2010, 07:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I was looking through my music collection and realized I have few if any angry songs (most are self-deprecating angst :().

What are some good angry songs (or angry bands?) that I could add?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Would Poe's Angry Johnny count?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2010, 07:39:44 PM
Would Poe's Angry Johnny count?

Sort of although I'm really looking for attitude or real feeling to it, and not so much anger on a nice soft track a la the Alanis/Tori/Fiona set.

The closest I have in my collection is black women tell off men that did them wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2010, 07:44:59 PM
Toby Keith
:huh:

What songs are you thinking of, because all the ones I can think of are pretty upbeat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Yeah on iTunes I can't really find that Yi. Even in the few songs I found where he was being mean(?), he still had his same sing-song voice.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2010, 07:50:07 PM
What songs are you thinking of, because all the ones I can think of are pretty upbeat.
You know how I am with names.  Who's the guy who did the song about Uncle Sam beating the shit out of every dirty sand nigger in the world?

dps

The Who:  Won't Get Fooled Again
Bruce Coburn:  If I Had a Rocket Launcher
Bruce Springsteen:  Born in the USA (listen to the lyrics;  it's not an upbeat song like people think it is)

garbon

Quote from: dps on February 05, 2010, 07:58:42 PM
The Who:  Won't Get Fooled Again
Bruce Coburn:  If I Had a Rocket Launcher
Bruce Springsteen:  Born in the USA (listen to the lyrics;  it's not an upbeat song like people think it is)

:(

Thanks but there's like no resonance of anger in those songs. You don't really get the sense that the people are actually angry.

Admiral Yi

Sex Pistols didn't sound very happy.

garbon

An example would be Garbage - Not My Idea.  For the most part, I can actually believe the singer is angry while singing the song.

sbr

I don't know about your taste in music, but almost every Pantera song makes me want to punch babies.

I can't find a decent Youtube of Fucking Hostile right now.

Here is something a bit mellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qRVNyot34o

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2010, 07:56:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 05, 2010, 07:50:07 PM
You know how I am with names.  Who's the guy who did the song about Uncle Sam beating the shit out of every dirty sand nigger in the world?

Not Toby Keith.   :huh:

He's a pretty patriotic guy, but he even wrote a song from the point of view of an Afghan peasant (The Taliban Song).  Of course it showed that peasant welcoming the US invasion, but still I thought that was fairly multicultural for a country singer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.