News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 27, 2010, 09:54:30 PM
The long track relay was weird too, as it wasn't really a relay- everybody on the team skated together the whole way.

That's why it's not called Relay but Pursuit. It's a lot like cycling of the Summer Olympics.

Apparently, 13 Gold ties a record. If Team Canada wins tomorrow, the record is Canada alone.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 27, 2010, 10:11:37 PM
The long track relay was weird too, as it wasn't really a relay- everybody on the team skated together the whole way.

That's why it's not called Relay but Pursuit. It's a lot like cycling of the Summer Olympics.

Apparently, 13 Gold ties a record. If Team Canada wins tomorrow, the record is Canada alone.

If?

Grey Fox

I have confindence in our team but never sell the bear's pelt before killing said bear.

Admiral Yi

Or in other words, never bake a seal's cartilaginous flipper knuckles into a nasty pie until you've clubbed the shit out of that cute little seal's head.

Grey Fox

Seal's are rats of the sea, no one wants to eat rats.

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 27, 2010, 10:19:55 PM

If?
how quickly they forget what happened the last time they talked shit
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

Quote from: katmai on February 27, 2010, 11:07:59 PM

Well i'm pulling for Canada but unlike CC I definitely don't think it's a given.  If anything the US has the edge going into the game despite them calling themselves the underdogs  of this tournament.  Team Canada has their work cut out for them.  Whoever wins i'm looking forward to the game... this is going to be awesome!

Admiral Yi

I'm calling it 3-2, 4-3 Canada.

When is kick off?

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on February 27, 2010, 11:07:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 27, 2010, 10:19:55 PM

If?

Miller stood on his head last game.  Have you forgotten how badly the Americans were outplayed.  With Luongo in net the Americans wont have the edge in net anymore.

Also, Team Canada has already beat the best team in the tournament.  The only way this is even close is if Miller stands on his head again.

HVC

hard faught battle by the slovaks.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

C.C.R.

Quote from: HVC on February 28, 2010, 12:17:40 AM
hard faught battle by the slovaks.

I'm still trying to figure out how that stick got up Jokinen's ass (where his head usually is) to hit him in the face.  It seems to have knocked the douchebaggery out of him for a game, though.

Which bums me out -- I was rooting for Slovakia.  Had they won then all six Blackhawks playing in the Olympics would have brought home medals.  Oh, well.

As for Canada/USA tomorrow:  Enjoy your mulligan, Frostbacks.  If at first you don't succeed...

:P

Syt

Shit, the women's team pursuit (speed skating) was  a bit of a heart stopper yesterday.

First the 16 time champion Friesinger, obviously totally exhausted, almost cost the German team the win in semifinal, when she crossed the finish line like this:

...but the lead was still 0.2 seconds (the clock stops when every person of the team has crossed the line - strategy is usually to race in a pack, with the leader catching the headwind and the others following him or her; they usually alternate lead during the race).

For the final she was substituted (every team has four skaters) and at first it looked like the Japs would score an easy win, leading by almost 2 seconds (which is huge in a 2400 m race), but on the last two, three laps the Germans fought and crossed the finish line 0.02 seconds before the Japanese.

:cheers:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Imagine what those thighs would feel like around your head.   :perv:

HVC

Quote from: sbr on February 28, 2010, 01:14:43 AM
Imagine what those thighs would feel like around your head.   :perv:
a vice most likely :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.