NCAA 2010- No Timmys or Homers allowed!

Started by Ed Anger, February 01, 2010, 07:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

How many players has Oregon suspended/kicked off/otherwise lost so far anyway?  Five or six?  It has only been like two months since their season ended.  :lol:

katmai

3 kicked off team, 1 suspended for entire year and two still under review iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on February 23, 2010, 11:27:03 AM

And one not friending whites on facebook.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2010, 11:27:58 AM

No he was one of those kicked off team.

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on February 23, 2010, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2010, 11:27:58 AM

No he was one of those kicked off team.

I guess he can friend the stockboys at Wal Mart now.  :)

Ed Anger

I want to keep making fun of Oregon, but sbr ain't taking the bait and berkut is sucking the oxygen out of it with his rants.  :mad:

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2010, 11:33:45 AM
I want to keep making fun of Oregon, but sbr ain't taking the bait and berkut is sucking the oxygen out of it with his rants.  :mad:

There isn't a whole lot to say.  I learned a long time ago to ignore trolls, which rules out responding to any of Berkut's posts.  I wonder why he didn't mention the UTEP players who admitted to stealing stuff, the 3 Wisconsin players who were suspended indefinitely, the player Florida kicked off the team, or the NCAA hearing against USC for violations?   Isn't Berkut from new Hampshire or Vermont?  Did Chip Kelly run over his dog, or cut a relative from a team? 

As far as the Ducks go there isn't much to say that I didn't say before.  The police are still investigating the Masoli and James incidents, or should they be kicked off the team as soon as an accusation comes up?  The rest are stupid college kids; DUIs and stupid Facebook decisions are not in anyway unique to Eugene Oregon, we just have someone here with some sort of blood-feud with the coach who like to mention those while ignoring the arrests, dismissals and suspensions that happen all over the rest of the country.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on February 23, 2010, 02:05:16 PM

There isn't a whole lot to say.  I learned a long time ago to ignore trolls, which rules out responding to any of Berkut's posts.  I wonder why he didn't mention the UTEP players who admitted to stealing stuff, the 3 Wisconsin players who were suspended indefinitely, the player Florida kicked off the team, or the NCAA hearing against USC for violations?   Isn't Berkut from new Hampshire or Vermont?  Did Chip Kelly run over his dog, or cut a relative from a team? 

As far as the Ducks go there isn't much to say that I didn't say before.  The police are still investigating the Masoli and James incidents, or should they be kicked off the team as soon as an accusation comes up?  The rest are stupid college kids; DUIs and stupid Facebook decisions are not in anyway unique to Eugene Oregon, we just have someone here with some sort of blood-feud with the coach who like to mention those while ignoring the arrests, dismissals and suspensions that happen all over the rest of the country.

But you do have to admit sbr, it's kinda hinky how the only players kicked off team were walkons and scout players, while the actual starters are still "under review"

sbr

Quote from: katmai on February 23, 2010, 02:07:57 PM

But you do have to admit sbr, it's kinda hinky how the only players kicked off team were walkons and scout players, while the actual starters are still "under review"

I can see how it might look that way of you aren't paying complete attention.  Unfortunately the best players are the ones accused of doing the major things, which are still under review by the Eugene Police, not the football team.  The scrubs did stupid stuff that was obvious that they did, so the "investigation" was shorter.

Ed Anger

katmai

Quote from: sbr on February 23, 2010, 02:13:12 PM

I can see how it might look that way of you aren't paying complete attention. 

Only what i read in Seattle Times and Husky Blogs :P

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2010, 02:14:43 PM
Sbr is way too composed about this.  :mad: :P

Yeah he's way too composed and literate to be a real Duck fan.

Berkut

There isn't a whole lot to say.  I learned a long time ago to ignore trolls, which rules out responding to any of Berkut's posts.  I wonder why he didn't mention the UTEP players who admitted to stealing stuff, the 3 Wisconsin players who were suspended indefinitely, the player Florida kicked off the team, or the NCAA hearing against USC for violations?   Isn't Berkut from new Hampshire or Vermont?  Did Chip Kelly run over his dog, or cut a relative from a team? 

Uhhh, no, I am from California and Arizona, actually. I don't even think I've ever been in either New Hampshire or Vermont. Is that where St. Chip is from?

Because none of them have anything close to the situation where a player sucker punched another player during a game, then tried to attack fans in what is universally seen as one of the most appalling displays ever seen in college football by a player, then have that player get "kicked" off the team, only to come back and play in that very same year.

THEN have this completely incredible rash of players getting into trouble, dissing their own coach, and seeing a complete lack of any kind of institutional control over their football team, which had something of a standing reputation for putting winning ahead of everything even before Blount.

Yeah, other teams have problems - but none of them have had anything like Blount, and none of them have seen the inevitable consequence of how Chip treated Blount and coddled him back onto the team blow up in their faces.

Are you seriously suggesting that there is no connection between Blount and what is going on now? That this is all just a huge coincidence, and there is nothing at all for Oregon fans to be concerned about - this kind of thing happens everywhere?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Sorry, not really the Languish way is it?  :P

I am 40 years old and have no allegiance to the Ducks other than randomly deciding 30 years ago that I would be a Ducks fan instead of a Beavers fan; so it isn't really that big of a deal to me, though I am disappointed.  Though every time I see a story about a Ducks player doing something stupid I get more pissed that Berkut has more ammo in his jihad against Chip Kelly than the actual impact it could have on the team.  :Embarrass:

sbr

As long as they are unbiased sources.  :lol: