News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Simpsons

Started by jimmy olsen, February 01, 2010, 06:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I've been watching a shitload of classic episodes and it makes me feel so old.

I just watched Lisa's wedding, filmed in 1995 and set in the far off, defective robot filled future of 2010. :cry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Being old makes you feel old.

katmai

A man is only as old as the woman he feels.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on February 01, 2010, 08:35:52 PM
Are you high?
I don't do drugs.

Why? The Simpons are one of the conerstones of my youth, I have reams of quotes from the first 10 seasons memorized.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

stjaba

It's a shame that over 50% of the series run is officially shitty. I stopped watching syndicated episodes a long time ago because they tend to mostly show newer episodes, and I haven't watched new episodes on a consistent basis for about 8 years. I have the DVDs for Seasons 1-7, which is really all a Simpsons fan needs.

Strix

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 01, 2010, 09:10:35 PM
Are you high?
I don't do drugs.

Why? The Simpons are one of the conerstones of my youth, I have reams of quotes from the first 10 seasons memorized.

You still a virgin?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

jimmy olsen

Quote from: stjaba on February 01, 2010, 09:25:11 PM
It's a shame that over 50% of the series run is officially shitty. I stopped watching syndicated episodes a long time ago because they tend to mostly show newer episodes, and I haven't watched new episodes on a consistent basis for about 8 years. I have the DVDs for Seasons 1-7, which is really all a Simpsons fan needs.
I think season 8 is the best one.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on February 01, 2010, 09:25:49 PM
Are you high?
I don't do drugs.

You still a virgin?
That's a rather bizarre non sequitor. How does it make a difference? Either way I still won't do drugs and the Simpsons will still be a cornerstone of my youth.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 01, 2010, 09:30:21 PM
Are you high?
I don't do drugs.

You still a virgin?
That's a rather bizarre non sequitor. How does it make a difference? Either way I still won't do drugs and the Simpsons will still be a cornerstone of my youth.

I didn't think that having reams of quotes from the first 10 seasons memorized would help with the ladies is all.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Strix on February 01, 2010, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 01, 2010, 09:30:21 PM
Are you high?
I don't do drugs.

You still a virgin?

I didn't think that having reams of quotes from the first 10 seasons memorized would help with the ladies is all.

Why would I even bring it up with them? HMB's been out on the town with me and I think he'll vouch for the fact that I'm quite normal in my everyday appearance and interaction.

Although, the Simpsons do seem to be incredibly popular here among both boys and girls for some reason.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Do virgins still exist? I thought that was a myth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Something Siegy something.

Make your own joke as I am stumped.

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 01, 2010, 09:39:34 PM
Something Siegy something.

Make your own joke as I am stumped.

:P

:blink: