German family granted political asylum in the U.S.

Started by Syt, January 27, 2010, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2010, 03:57:06 PM
I disagree with that.  I think asylum is appropriate for majority of people wanting to homeschool their children.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2010, 01:28:47 PM
I agree, it's a win-win for both.  Lunatics in Germany are cream of the crop in Tennessee.  I bet the average IQ in both places went up after they moved.
:mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I disagree with that.  I think asylum is appropriate for majority of people wanting to homeschool their children.
:cool:

Malthus

You left out the "an".  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 27, 2010, 03:48:38 PM
Asylum is silly, but not allowing home-schooling is worse.
Don't be silly.  Homeschooling is evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on January 27, 2010, 06:17:27 PM

However, Mart opposes it. Therefore Homeschooling is O-tay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Hey now.  One may be homeschooled for secular reasons.

Neil

Quote from: ulmont on January 27, 2010, 06:23:54 PM
Hey now.  One may be homeschooled for secular reasons.
Maybe.  But it's not desirable.  The only thing that is desirable is industrial, cookie-cutter-style schooling.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Habbaku

Quote from: Neil on January 27, 2010, 06:27:28 PM
Maybe.  But it's not desirable.  The only thing that is desirable is industrial, cookie-cutter-style schooling.

:huh: Why would you want the elite taught in the same manner as the plebs?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on January 27, 2010, 04:59:33 PM

You left out the "an".  ;)

He also left out the "the". But as a Russian, it's to be expected.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Habbaku on January 28, 2010, 02:38:49 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 27, 2010, 06:27:28 PM

:huh: Why would you want the elite taught in the same manner as the plebs?
Different schools, different material, same approach.

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on January 27, 2010, 01:10:52 PM
Incredibly bad decision; makes a mockery of the meaning of "persecution" and simply invites people to avoid immigration rulesby claiming bogus religious "freedoms."
I agree.  I mean I don't understand how the US could deny anyone assylum if that's the level of persecution.
Let's bomb Russia!