Star Trek Online: The Continuing Languish Mission

Started by Barrister, January 28, 2010, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2010, 11:19:43 AM

What's a lot worse is that there's first reports that the TOS uniforms DON'T HAVE SKIRTS!!!!1111oneone

Yes I am not happy to hear that :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2010, 01:26:40 PM
Syt, sounds like a bug.

As for the TWOK uniform, it turns out the code is not unique - the same code was in every one of those DVDs...  Did I mention my account has been flagged for that uniform? :whistle:

Is that ... legal? :P

Yes, bonus uniforms seem FUBAR. I can select TOS for my current main. I can show it for my BOs, but not select it. I can highlight the TWOK uniform for some BOs, not for others, and it doesn' appear for my cap, either.

This is what my female Vulcan BO would look like ... if the selection would stick.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Sigh I have the D2D key, but their subscription service is down atm so can't redeem it.
I'm not actually surprised by this happening.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2010, 01:30:36 PM

What's a lot worse is that there's first reports that the TOS uniforms DON'T HAVE SKIRTS!!!!1111oneone

Specially when the pre-order FAQ made a point of saying there would be mini-skirts...  :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

This is would my science officer *could* look like, but can't atm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2010, 01:33:21 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2010, 01:30:36 PM

Specially when the pre-order FAQ made a point of saying there would be mini-skirts...  :mad:

Checked the forums, it's a bug they are suppose to be in there, so another thing they need to work out. :)

katmai

Heh so interesting little thing, the personal shield that D2D had been advertising up till even last night, is not shown as available now and I see they gave me 500 cryptic points (knocking me up to 900)

Syt

The thing is, to iron out the bug they'll have to patch, patching means taking the server offline.

So either they have people complaining about their messed up bonus items or people complaining the server is down.

In an ideal world, of course, this would have worked on launch. Not as bad as the LotRO collector's edition boxes. They promised a cloth map, a leather wrist band, a miniature of a Nazgul and a couple of rings in boxes as means of a lottery.

The Nazgul was about an inch tall (much smaller than the D&D figure that came with the NWN2 CE), and the collector's edition info was changed a couple days or two weeks or so on their main page, with the Middle Earth cloth map replaced by a paper fold out of Eregion, the wristbands missing, and the lottery revoked due to legal issues. They made good on all of this, eventually, but it took them weeks.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2010, 01:43:23 PM
Heh so interesting little thing, the personal shield that D2D had been advertising up till even last night, is not shown as available now and I see they gave me 500 cryptic points (knocking me up to 900)

A similar thing is reported from GameStop preorders who were looking forward to their Consitutions ;)

You're right about the shield, but they're still advertising it on the front page as preorder item. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2010, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 02, 2010, 01:26:40 PM
Syt, sounds like a bug.

As for the TWOK uniform, it turns out the code is not unique - the same code was in every one of those DVDs...  Did I mention my account has been flagged for that uniform? :whistle:

Is that ... legal? :P

Yes, bonus uniforms seem FUBAR. I can select TOS for my current main. I can show it for my BOs, but not select it. I can highlight the TWOK uniform for some BOs, not for others, and it doesn' appear for my cap, either.

This is what my female Vulcan BO would look like ... if the selection would stick.

what preorder were those TWOK uniforms part of?

katmai

Hmmm was their a small patch last night?
As i write this the Launcher is patching 132mb of data.

katmai

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 02, 2010, 01:54:58 PM

what preorder were those TWOK uniforms part of?

From the DVD or BlueRay of seasons of shows.