Main Menu

Brand affiliations and you

Started by Capetan Mihali, January 27, 2010, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: sbr on January 28, 2010, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 28, 2010, 09:11:52 AM
Barbasol and Old Spice for the manly stuff

I avoid German cars, pepsi cola and toilet paper and batteries from dollar stores and Big Lots.
You avoid TP completely?  :x

sbr doesn't know how to use the three seashells!   :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 28, 2010, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: sbr on January 28, 2010, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 28, 2010, 09:11:52 AM
Barbasol and Old Spice for the manly stuff

I avoid German cars, pepsi cola and toilet paper and batteries from dollar stores and Big Lots.
You avoid TP completely?  :x

sbr doesn't know how to use the three seashells!   :lol:

Ha. Demolition Man.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I'm not as brand loyal as I used to be, but off the top of my head, I would say in general terms, Sam Adams, Unibroue, Heinz ketchup & mustard, Vlasic pickles, Coke, and (don't hate) Starbucks.  For sports (since it is very much a business), Bengals, St. Louis Cardinals, and West Virginia University.  And I suppose I would have to include Android since that is my avatar.

One might also think Microsoft and Samsung, given all the products I've bought with those brands, but it is at least not a conscious brand affinity.

If I were Argentine, I'd be easier to pin down.  They all have a slavish devotion to Sony & Polo.  Not to mention Disney for the kids.  If you are an adult returning to Argentina from NYC, it is a requirement to carry a Disney Store bag.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Yes, I suppose on reflection, I have an affinity for Apple Inc.

But trying to think of other brand affiliations...

-Labbatt beer
-Old Dutch potato chips
-Coke over Pepsi
-Asham curling equipment
-err...

I'm having trouble thinking of much else. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

British Petroleum gas stations.  I gas up at the one here because it's a block away, on the road I look for BPs cuz they seem to keep their bathrooms clean.

Tonitrus

The only particular brand favoritism that comes to mind, is Tillamook for my dairy products.

C.C.R.

My only real "image" (or lack thereof) oriented product loyalty is, of course, Pabst Blue Ribbon.  Beyond that there are a variety of products which I use constantly because I like them (Crest toothpaste, Speed Stick deodorant, Marlboro Light cigarettes, 7-Up, Wrangler jeans, etc) but "image" doesn't even enter my mind when purchasing & using these products (which is what I interpreted the original post to be asking for).  They are just personal preferences that I have developed over the years as a result of trial & error...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

Sensodyne makes my toothpaste
Apple makes the used computers I keep buying like a sucker
LG makes good electronics that have never given me any problems at all
Criterion= quality DVDs

but mostly I don't pay that much attention to brands especially clothes, I could tell you what store I bought my clothes at but not the brand
:p

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

katmai

Carhartt Pants
Midnight Sun and Meantime breweries.
Puma shoes
those are the ones of top of my head.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

The closest I have a brand loyalty is possibly Paradox.  And that's just fucking sad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on January 28, 2010, 03:56:14 PM
Carhartt Pants
Midnight Sun and Meantime breweries.
Puma shoes
these are a few of my favorite things.
That's so sweet. :)

Zanza

I work for one of the top brands in the world, so I guess you could say I am affiliated with it.

DontSayBanana

Old Spice deodorant and shirts by Nyne and Architect are about it (I'm kinda broadly built besides being short, so most brands of shirts make me look like Dopey the Dwarf).
Experience bij!