News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Brand affiliations and you

Started by Capetan Mihali, January 27, 2010, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

With brands I'm pretty proud of my Saturn and my favorite soft drink is Dr. Pepper. I'm not big on brands overall and I'm pretty horrible at fashion.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Duque de Bragança

More on a case by case basis.
Beer like Franziskaner for the tast and the practical cases.
I used to like Apple when they were more about computers but I still have trouble buying anything with Microsoft around.
Criterion or HK Vidéo and Wildside vidéo in France are some DVD labels I am favourably prejudiced to though on an automatic/compulsive/day one buying.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on January 29, 2010, 01:22:14 AM
A brand loyalty of mine was destroyed yesterday. For 3+ years I've done most of my shopping at a supermarket that was near my house, conveniently on my way to/from work, and with good selection and prices. They've had security dudes standing near the cashiers for a while now, which is unsurprising considering what kind of folks sometimes linger around the subway station in front of the supermarket.

I often stopped there to pick up a bite for dinner (like last tuesday), and I did my weekend groceries shopping there.

Yesterday evening, though, I noticed that they had remodelled the entry area slightly (instead of two "gates" from cashier area into the supermarket they had only one), but went in as usual. I've barely made it beyond the entrance to the market area when I hear "No bags!" shouted behind me.

I turned around and the security guy waves me over, "No bags!" He held out his hand demandingly For a moment I was confused, thinking that maybe he wants to check the contents of my backpack (something that some supermarkets do at checkout). He took it and wanted to put it into one of the currently not used cashier stalls.

I asked him, "Excuse me, what are you doing?" His curt reply, "Later!" At that moment I realized I was supposed to leave my backpack which contains my netbook, cellphone, passport, apartment keys and a few items more under his watchful eyes, while I picked up a sandwich for 2 EUR.

I asked him to please hand me back my bag an declared loud enough for some cashiers to hear that I would take my business elsewhere, and that after three years as loyal customer I didn't feel like being treated like a shoplifter.

I sent an email to the corporation, complaining about the unfriendly behaviour of their security dude and that I was disappointed that they have obviously made mistrust a ruling principle when dealing with customers. I also informed them that I would return my customer card because of the incident, explaining I wouldn't be able to conduct much business with them anymore, if 80% of the time I went there I would have to leave 1000 EUR worth of stuff (I exaggerated) at an unguarded chashier's booth while picking up a 1 EUR item.

Heh, Germans.  You never learn.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2010, 06:09:16 AM
Heh, Germans.  You never learn.

Judging by the accent and failed grammar of the security dude I'm pretty certain that he was not German or Austrian.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

I've been thinking about it.

Other then Kraft, damn brand is like 90% of my dry food.
Pepsi
Aveano shaving cream
Pontiac(How I will miss thee!)
Samsung & Sharp
Nvidia
Microsoft(eh, we all use Windows)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on January 29, 2010, 01:22:14 AM
A brand loyalty of mine was destroyed yesterday. For 3+ years I've done most of my shopping at a supermarket that was near my house, conveniently on my way to/from work, and with good selection and prices. They've had security dudes standing near the cashiers for a while now, which is unsurprising considering what kind of folks sometimes linger around the subway station in front of the supermarket.

-snip-

Don't you live in Vienna?
Thats....very odd. The sort of thing you'd expect only in Jerusalem.
██████
██████
██████