How should I prepare for the coming age of populism?

Started by Ed Anger, January 27, 2010, 09:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I prepare for the coming age of populism?

Buy more guns and ammo
14 (35%)
Buy more Spam and store it
2 (5%)
Complete the Appalachia Felsennest
8 (20%)
Panic buy gold and bury it
8 (20%)
Other humorous opinion
3 (7.5%)
Other outraged opinion
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Build a bunker, line it with tinfoil, and stockpile it with guns, ammo, tinfoil hats, food, beer, spam, and Nautica Thorn.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 27, 2010, 10:41:07 AM
Build a bunker, line it with tinfoil, and stockpile it with guns, ammo, tinfoil hats, food, beer, spam, and Nautica Thorn.

You know how much tinfoil it would take?

And I looked up Nautica Thorn. NASTY.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2010, 10:28:28 AM
Make sure to stash some rubbers or pretty soon you'll be dividing your Spam 20 ways.

MARRIED PEOPLE DON'T NEED RUBBERS.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2010, 11:13:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 27, 2010, 10:41:07 AM

You know how much tinfoil it would take?

Don't care for the asians?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Strix

Stock up on Spam! Once the Apocalypse strikes after the government take-over than canned meat will become priceless as people struggle over the few remaining food supplies.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 27, 2010, 11:13:55 AM
If she finds out that you have a Spam stockpile, you're going to end up finding her in your bunker whether you invited her or not.  In that case, you may want to bring a copy of Farnham's Freehold into the bunker so you'll know how to handle the situation.  :)

Barrister

Doesn'e even canned food have a finite shelf life?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Vince

Quote from: Strix on January 27, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
Stock up on Spam! Once the Apocalypse strikes after the government take-over than canned meat will become priceless as people struggle over the few remaining food supplies.

Ah good someone to trade with after my plan to loot a twikie factory has succeeded.