And we're back!

Main Menu

Is John Williams past his prime?

Started by Syt, January 23, 2010, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on January 23, 2010, 06:28:39 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 23, 2010, 12:23:49 PM
Incidentally to those who haven't watched Prisoner of Azkaban it's by far the best of the Harry Potter films :)
Still kinda like arguing about the most virtuous mass murderer,

Sulla.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Incidentally to those who haven't watched Prisoner of Azkaban it's by far the best of the Harry Potter films :)
Still kinda like arguing about the most virtuous mass murderer, though; "best Harry potter" still isn't necessarily good.

:yes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 23, 2010, 10:42:50 PM
"The Great Train Robberey" with Sean Connery.

Good film...but the "clue" that gives him away at the end is quite a non sequitur.

"The Honey Pot"

Pretty good.

Wrong thread?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2010, 12:45:45 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 23, 2010, 10:42:50 PM
"The Great Train Robberey" with Sean Connery.

Good film...but the "clue" that gives him away at the end is quite a non sequitur.

"The Honey Pot"

Pretty good.

Wrong thread?  :huh:

Yes.

Scipio

Quote from: Lucidor on January 23, 2010, 10:14:51 AM
My favorite is Morricone, Cinema Paradiso and The Mission, and countless spaghetti westerns.
His work on Battle of Algiers is simply superb.  I love a Glass film score.

I preferred Goblet of Fire.

Prisoner of Azkaban would've been wonderful if the first two films had never been made.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

This will not turn into a fucking Harry Potter Hijack.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Scipio on January 24, 2010, 01:17:30 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on January 23, 2010, 10:14:51 AM
My favorite is Morricone, Cinema Paradiso and The Mission, and countless spaghetti westerns.
His work on Battle of Algiers is simply superb.  I love a Glass film score.

I preferred Goblet of Fire.

Prisoner of Azkaban would've been wonderful if the first two films had never been made.

Those are the best two books, too.
Though Prisoner of Azkaban loses a bit of suspense after you've read it once.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Still kinda like arguing about the most virtuous mass murderer, though; "best Harry potter" still isn't necessarily good.

Idi Amin, hands down.
Or, more accurately, hands in the freezer, to be defrosted later for dinner.