How America Can Rise Again- Interesting Atlantic Article

Started by stjaba, January 21, 2010, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 24, 2010, 04:35:10 PM
I believe many of the big states, certainly New York, California and Illinois support a constitutional convention on the EC issue.
You don't need a convention to amend the constitution.  Just hold a vote in the Senate, House, and 50 state legislatures.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2010, 04:48:52 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 24, 2010, 04:35:10 PM
I believe many of the big states, certainly New York, California and Illinois support a constitutional convention on the EC issue.
You don't need a convention to amend the constitution.  Just hold a vote in the Senate, House, and 50 state legislatures.
Given the opposition by the smaller states, this would probably not fly.

I think a Constitutional amendment is a pipe dream for the near future.   Luckily, fixing the worst problems of the EC doesn't need an amendment.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2010, 04:48:52 PM
I know but I got my story wrong.  Apparently a number of states have passed a law that when states representing over 270 EC electors all have this law then they it'll come into action and will award all their electors to the winner of the national vote. 
Let's bomb Russia!