News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canadians, to me!

Started by Brazen, April 03, 2009, 09:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:05:18 PM
buddha: fair enough. when I am at work, the little stinkers pwn me.

and despite flying times to London, the Moon, and North Vancouver, Toronto remains easier to get to than Regina.

so, come out for this weekend. all the cool kids are doing it!

What weekend is it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2009, 12:09:09 PM
I was referring to this question : do I have another floor surfer now? when I said "Then you do"
Crop your quotes, emo guy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

I was referring to this question : do I have another floor surfer now? when I said "Then you do"

crop yer fricking quotes francis.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 03, 2009, 12:02:33 PM
I just went on Air Canada's website.

A direct flight, Vancouver to Toronto is 4 h.30 mins

A direct flight, Vancouver to Heathrow is 9 h10

I'm no lawyer, granted, and not as well educated, but just under 5 hours is more than "a bit". And Toronto has better food than London.

I am going by experience.  It usually takes me from between 5-6 hours to fly to Toronto and 9 to London.  Three to Four more hours is not that big a deal for me, especially since London gives me cheap access to the rest of Europe.  Toronto gets me access to Detriot. :P

BuddhaRhubarb

Possibly.  I'm hard at work.

TMI
:p

saskganesh

Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:01:03 PM
no I don't. there's two animals at work who I take care of, but they don't live with me.

damn cat haters.

I have offered brazen, you, buddha and soon katmai. all will decline because of crowding and I am off the hook. or everyone will accept and we'll all wind up chainsmoking on metaphetamines and forgetting about sleeping logistics.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Quote from: katmai on April 03, 2009, 12:10:11 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:05:18 PM
buddha: fair enough. when I am at work, the little stinkers pwn me.

and despite flying times to London, the Moon, and North Vancouver, Toronto remains easier to get to than Regina.

so, come out for this weekend. all the cool kids are doing it!

What weekend is it?

July 17ish I believe. depends on Brazen's flights and stuff.

Grey Fox

Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:23:26 PM
damn cat haters.

I have offered brazan, you, buddha and soon katmai. all will decline because of crowding and I am off the hook. or everyone will accept and we'll all wind up chainsmoking on metaphetamines and forgetting about sleeping logistics.

Cats deserve the treatment Goats/Sheep are getting in the Galapagos.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:24:09 PM

July 17ish I believe. depends on Brazen's flights and stuff.

Ah, as i'll have just gotten back from two weeks in So Cal, can't make it back to TO.

Have fun and hopefully Malthus doesn't puss out on another meet.  :rolleyes:

saskganesh

fine. I'll just draft Norgy to replace you.  ;)

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2009, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:23:26 PM
damn cat haters.

I have offered brazan, you, buddha and soon katmai. all will decline because of crowding and I am off the hook. or everyone will accept and we'll all wind up chainsmoking on metaphetamines and forgetting about sleeping logistics.

Cats deserve the treatment Goats/Sheep are getting in the Galapagos.

be careful what you say or you may wake up one morning on Sask's floor with KATmai sleeping on your chest.
:p

katmai

Quote from: saskganesh on April 03, 2009, 12:28:14 PM
fine. I'll just draft Norgy to replace you.  ;)

I'm not so easily replaced!  :cry:

Jacob

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 03, 2009, 11:50:13 AMA friend of mine from the east coast came here recently and his wife forbade him to leave the hotel for fear of a gangland hit (he's a healthcare bureaucrat)... We met up at a pub well known about ten years ago for people named "Gill" getting shot all the time... now it's just a sports bar... we kept the gang sign s to a minimum though.

I was recently in a foreign city researching crime and gang violence.  Very frequently I was met with a "why are you HERE researching this topic, aren't you from Vancouver?"  :lol:

Nonetheless, it doesn't touch on the lives of ordinary citizens.  Mostly the gang people seem to kill each other, which is fine by me.

crazy canuck

If I didnt hear reports in the paper that our city was violent, I would have no idea.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on April 03, 2009, 12:02:33 PM
I just went on Air Canada's website.

A direct flight, Vancouver to Toronto is 4 h.30 mins

A direct flight, Vancouver to Heathrow is 9 h10

I'm no lawyer, granted, and not as well educated, but just under 5 hours is more than "a bit". And Toronto has better food than London.

Thanks for that. I thought I was going crazy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.