Work Dilemma: SUV versus Car versus Truck

Started by Strix, June 17, 2009, 10:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Ok, so part of the agreement my Union reached with the State for our department is that instead of using our own personal vehicles for work we will now be issued state purchased vehicles. The state will also cover our insurance, vehicle maintenance, and give us a gas card (instead of paying us the 50.5 cents a mile they do now).

They will be sending around a list of vehicles for us to choose from. It appears to be Ford products. The car is a Taurus, the SUV is the Edge, and the truck is the F-250. All will be 2009 models. I am not sure if it's a standard package or not.

Any thoughts on which one might be the best? I haven't driven many Ford products, so I am not familiar with any issues these products may have. It will mainly be inner city driving. I believe they will put a cage in the car or SUV which adds safety when transporting people I arrest.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

MadImmortalMan

You just transporting one person at a time? any cargo?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Since it's on the government's tab, I recommend the biggest gas-guzzler they offer. So probably the F-250.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Get the F-250, keep people in Louisville employed  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Are you just going to tie them up and throw them in the back of the pickup?  :huh:

SUV.

Although the Edge looks like a fucking pussy car. You need to get them to switch to the Escalade.

Who will take you seriously in the Edge? Defendanta PLZ.

Josquius

Depends how they're going to be paying you for usage. Do they give you a limited amount of petrol per week or just let you fill it when its empty and charge it to them?
The bigger the better if its on them; then you can steal from it to power your personal car.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I would choose the F-250 but you said "inner-city" driving so I'm a gonna pitch the Taurus. The 2009 model looks good even has a "Police" feeling.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

They didn't have any Crown Victorias available?

KRonn

Ford Edge might be a good choice. Crossover type car/SUV, roomy, decent gas mileage probably comparable to the Taurus.