News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canadians, to me!

Started by Brazen, April 03, 2009, 09:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Been invited to some distant relative's anniversary party in Ontario in July. Anyone situated thereabouts? Good place to go? Easy to get to other places? Languish Canuck meet?

Caliga

Where exactly?  Ontario = huge. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

charliebear

You can spit and hit Detroit from some parts of Ontario. 

Brazen

Quote from: Caliga on April 03, 2009, 09:22:05 AM
Where exactly?  Ontario = huge. :)
The party's in Wingham ONT, but I think my second cousins are nearer Toronto. Well, an hour and a half away, which is "near" in Canuck terms.

Brazen

Quote from: charliebear on April 03, 2009, 09:26:44 AM
I think that's happening a lot to Detroit.

Brazen

Hockey fans: Paul Henderson (who scored the winning goal against Russian in the '73 world series) will be there.

Malthus

I'm in Toronto, as is Sask and some others - naturally, I'd be up for a Toronto meet, and I'd be happy to suggest stuff to do.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

Wingham is NW of Kitchener. not too far. but lacks train service, so its bus or car rental. but when you come, you'll land in Pearson in Toronto. best bet for a meet is to plan to have a few days before or after your family do.  :bowler:

I'm in on condition I get an autograph from Paul Henderson.  :P

anyhow, we have myself, HVC, Malthus and Josephus in the city. none of us bite. we all like beer.

need a crash pad?
humans were created in their own image

Malthus

I've got a spare room too, but you'd probably be better off staying with Sask - unless you want a three-year old crawling all over you.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Cecil

Quote from: Malthus on April 03, 2009, 09:41:23 AM
I've got a spare room too, but you'd probably be better off staying with Sask - unless you want a three-year old crawling all over you.  :lol:

Brazen is totally into kids I hear so that shouldnt be any problem no?

saskganesh

we'll I have a floor  :D, but can get a bubble mattress on loan. My 'hood is probably a lot more fun and is an excellent slice of Toronto.
humans were created in their own image

Brazen

I'd probably be over 4-18 July, with the family party in the middle weekend (or might shift those dates by a couple of days so I have a full jetlag free Languish weekend).

Brazen

Quote from: Cecil on April 03, 2009, 09:45:53 AM
I love 'em, but at 20 minutes a pound I seldom roast a whole one.

charliebear

Quote from: Brazen on April 03, 2009, 09:29:19 AM
Quote from: charliebear on April 03, 2009, 09:26:44 AM
I think that's happening a lot to Detroit.

Sigh... I know.   :(

Cecil

Quote from: Brazen on April 03, 2009, 09:48:44 AM
Quote from: Cecil on April 03, 2009, 09:45:53 AM
I love 'em, but at 20 minutes a pound I seldom roast a whole one.

You seem slightly stressed out. Can I offer a massage?