News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

English question

Started by Zanza, January 14, 2010, 03:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

So, what's the difference between a bedroom, a master room and a common room? The latter sounds like it is used by all persons living in an appartment.  Yet it is on offer to rent in a shared appartment...  :huh:

Razgovory

One is where you put the bed, the second is where you put the boss and the third one is where everyone else gets to hang out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Master bedroom is the biggest bedroom.  Never heard of master room.  Common room is usually only used in a university setting, like on a dormitory floor there will be a common room with a TV in it.

Razgovory

Germans. :rolleyes:  Master room, Master race.  It's always master with you people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2010, 03:56:36 PM
Germans. :rolleyes:  Master room, Master race.  It's always master with you people.

Shouldn't you go masterbait?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2010, 04:00:33 PM

Oooh thanks for reminding me!  I'll be right back.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Master Room is usually a small room attached to the master bedroom. Sometimes with its own bathroom.

So you won't have to mingle with your roommates much.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

The Minsky Moment

The English question?  How about resettling them in Madagascar?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2010, 04:16:54 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2010, 04:00:33 PM

Oooh thanks for reminding me!  I'll be right back.

Stop! That shit ain't kosher!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

The torah commands you not to mix bait with tackle?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 14, 2010, 06:04:09 PM
The torah commands you not to mix bait with tackle?

Jewish fishermen really have it rough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on January 14, 2010, 03:35:16 PM
So, what's the difference between a bedroom, a master room and a common room? The latter sounds like it is used by all persons living in an appartment.  Yet it is on offer to rent in a shared appartment...  :huh:

As I would understand it....

- Master Bedroom = Larger bedroom with it's own adjoining private bathroom.
- Bedroom = Just a bedroom
- Common Room= If in a private house, perhaps an alternate to a family room/game/rec room.  Sort of like a perhaps smaller, less-used Living room.  But as others said, in a domitory, the shared area among various dorm rooms.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points