Main Menu

Stoop to conquer - the small change question

Started by Brazen, January 13, 2010, 11:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Brazen on January 13, 2010, 11:18:54 AM
If you drop a coin in the street, what is the lowest denomination you'd bother to stop and pick up? I skip over any coppers but I'd waver around the 5p mark depending on what cash I have with me.

I'll answer for Mono too: I pick up anything, including what other people have dropped. It all mounts up. :P

If I drop it I pick it up regardless. I don't litter.

I recently came across a 100 SEK note on the street (= 10 Euro). I didn't pick it up. It was a little dirty and some kid or old guy needs the money more than I do.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Ed Anger

Quote from: KRonn on January 13, 2010, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 13, 2010, 01:39:13 PM
I don't bother with coins.
Heh, typical Fat Cat!   ;)

I'm not going to scrabble in the dirt like some wretched beggar.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on January 13, 2010, 12:47:20 PM
Kids just don't stick coins to the ground as a practical joke these days :(

I saw this a few times when I still lived at home.

Quote from: Brazen on January 13, 2010, 12:47:20 PMIt probably happens in cottaging venues, though.

Different kind of adhesive? :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

25 cents, although I've been known to leave fallen dollar bills around my apartment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pedrito

I pick up anything I drop; and I pick up any coin I find, because seeing money on the ground and not picking it up is bad luck

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017