And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking News: 7.0 Earthquake in Haiti

Started by Admiral Yi, January 12, 2010, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on January 18, 2010, 09:43:51 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 18, 2010, 09:38:12 PM
Cuba's proximity makes it an easier target, not a harder one.
Not so.  Cuba's proximity allows for the possibility that it could strike at the mainland US.  Moreover, it has thousands upon thousands of partisans within the US willing to strike at America in the event of hostilities, in the form of college kids.

Everyone who's ever hung a Che poster in his college dorm is officially listed as potential hostiles.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2010, 10:07:38 PM
Everyone who's ever hung a Che poster in his college dorm is officially listed as potential hostiles.
Every retard with a Che t-shirt can be shot on sight.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

200,000 Dead, 250,000 Wounded, 1,500,000 Homeless. That's 2.22%, 2.78%, and 16.67% of the population respectively.

That's WWII level casualties inflicted on that country in a single day. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34928950/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

:lol: I spotted a lunatic's  blog (the biggest hungarian news site hosts blogs and always links assorted shit from the in its main page) who reasons why the whol thing is a big US conspiracy:

-he quotes some french/german newspaper (not sure, he babelfished it I think) from the 70s, how the American pharma companies were buying blood minerals from haitians in the early 70s (like, haitians went, gave their blood, americans extracted valuable stuff from it to export, gave back rest)
-a CV and 7000 troops "just happen to be near, how convinient". They went to block aid anyways, so more people would die, because:
-Haiti has reserves of: da-da-dam: CALCIUM-CARBONITE!!!!! (sp?)
-there is a swiss scientist under charges for producing an artifical earthquake. CAN YOU PIECE THE PICTURE TOGETHER?!!!!

:lmfao:

Admiral Yi

:D

What was our motivation supposed to be for Serbia?  Lucrative lead mines, something like that?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2010, 05:06:00 AM

What was our motivation supposed to be for Serbia?  Lucrative lead mines, something like that?

I once read a book that claimed it was part of a US conspiracy to bring aid agencies under US military control, among other things.
The book was published by Medicines sans frontiers, which is why I no longer donate to them.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Larch

Apparently there have been a few problems in coordination efforts, and some countries are blaming the US military for monopolizing the airport of Port au Prince and the landing rights, giving preference to their own planes and diverting those of other countries carrying aid. Apparently France and Brazil have already officially complained and asked for clear roles and priorities to be defined.

HisMajestyBOB

If they want to run the show, they can build and deploy their own carrier task force. The only reason anything is getting there is because of the US military, and they know what's needed to keep things running enough to get supplies anywhere, not the French and Brazilian bureaucrats.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on January 19, 2010, 05:26:10 AM
Apparently there have been a few problems in coordination efforts, and some countries are blaming the US military for monopolizing the airport of Port au Prince and the landing rights, giving preference to their own planes and diverting those of other countries carrying aid. Apparently France and Brazil have already officially complained and asked for clear roles and priorities to be defined.
That seems kind of petty.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2010, 05:06:00 AM

Chomsky said it was copper mines I think.  Me I think it was an excuse to blow up a Chinese embassy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 19, 2010, 06:14:46 AM
If they want to run the show, they can build and deploy their own carrier task force. The only reason anything is getting there is because of the US military, and they know what's needed to keep things running enough to get supplies anywhere, not the French and Brazilian bureaucrats.

No one is talking about running the show, don't get defensive. What they ask is clear roles and priorities. It's inevitable to have a certain level of chaos and confusion in this kind of things.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on January 19, 2010, 04:57:32 AM
:lol: I spotted a lunatic's  blog (the biggest hungarian news site hosts blogs and always links assorted shit from the in its main page) who reasons why the whol thing is a big US conspiracy:

-he quotes some french/german newspaper (not sure, he babelfished it I think) from the 70s, how the American pharma companies were buying blood minerals from haitians in the early 70s (like, haitians went, gave their blood, americans extracted valuable stuff from it to export, gave back rest)
-a CV and 7000 troops "just happen to be near, how convinient". They went to block aid anyways, so more people would die, because:
-Haiti has reserves of: da-da-dam: CALCIUM-CARBONITE!!!!! (sp?)
-there is a swiss scientist under charges for producing an artifical earthquake. CAN YOU PIECE THE PICTURE TOGETHER?!!!!

:lmfao:

Trying to mine iron from blood is really a difficult and round about way of doing it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on January 19, 2010, 06:25:40 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 19, 2010, 06:14:46 AM

No one is talking about running the show, don't get defensive. What they ask is clear roles and priorities. It's inevitable to have a certain level of chaos and confusion in this kind of things.

I heard that the Israelis have been the most efficient in getting their people in there and setting up.  I say we let the Jews run the whole thing.

Admiral Yi

This is a different message than the one contained in your previous post.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2010, 06:44:54 AM
This is a different message than the one contained in your previous post.

How so? The bottom line is the same, roles and priorities have to be clarified.

I'm looking for an English language source about this, but I only find snippets. IIRC, the problem arouse after a French cargo plane carrying an emergency field hospital was diverted to the Dominican Republic last saturday because the US military were taking up all the slots, or something.